• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Middle Tone to Die For...

El Gringo

This brings back great memories of Charlie Daniels , meeting him at a album release party .Catching CDB and MTB so many times and Charley had such a nice vintage Burst with such a rich tone .One of the fun memories of the 70's .

fstroupe

Charlie Daniels has often been overlooked, back then because much of his music was so "country", and today because of his openness of his politics.

I loved him back then and saw him a number of times. Don't remember anything but Marshalls, but back then you never really knew if there were other amps back stage...or hidden in the Marshall stacks lol. (I always swore that Ted Nugent was actually playing through a Champ)

Nightrider, which I think is his album with the least sales, is probably my favorite, due to his and Tommy Crain's Les Paul duets on that particular album. "Birmingham Blues" (obviously based on the ABB's "Whipping Post"), and "Funky Junky" are Southern Rock Les Paul action at its finest, with tone to die for.

Just to mention, I think this is the oldest successfully revived thread I have ever seen in a forum and I have belonged to at least 100.