The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    97' Standard/Marshall AVT 150
    -Dig Zakk's sound and till I can save the $$ for the real amp the AVT does a pretty fair job. Having the 4 channels rocks.

R8Scotch
    02 R8 Authentic (Butterscotch) through my homebrew 6G16 Vibroverb. Hence the name ;)
    R8Scotch

I love my '65 ES335TD INTO my blackfaced '69 Vibrolux Reverb. That or my Classic Plus into My VR into an extention cab 4x10.:dude :dude :dude :dude
    '96 Jimmy Page, '65 ES335TD

'69 Vibrolux Reverb, '69 Twin Reverb

I play an r-7 through a jcm2000 pushing a 4x12 loaded with greenbacks or a messa boogie maverick 2x12 comco also loaded with green backs with a boss turbo over drive with the level all the way up and the drive on about 2..Think Bryan May.

I also play a 92 classic flame top that was re-necked with a long tenion 59 shaped neck. That guitar has a duncan jb at the bridge and a duncan antiquity at the neck. The guitar is rough (beat to shit) after countless shows but it is such a tone monster.

Howdy.

First off, I would like to state, here and now:
    I covet Gold57's guitars.

My stuff:

Guitars

55 Jr
    68 tele (bigsby....yep, I kept it)

Amps

Matchless Spitfire (1-12 Weber blue dawg)
    Top Hat Portly Cadet (a fat lil' f*cker, and I'm keepin this one too!)

Effects

Clyde Wah
    Dejavibe
    FulldriveIIfm
    Matchless hot box
    Line 6 dl4

Great thread!

All the best to you and yours this holiday season.

Kindest regards,

Brian

Les Paul Forum Member
    '56 goldtop thru a bevy of vintage fender or gibson amps (whatever the gig calls for). Mostly a GA20 or GA6 coupled with a '60 tweed bassman or '57 tweed Pro with either a '65 fender reverb unit or a victoria reverberato. I also take out blackface stuff when I don't want to fool with outboard reverb. Other main guitars: '64 strat, '59 strat, '59 ES345(which is what got me here), '54 ES5, '57 Harmony H62, '60 tele and Dano U1's. I really dig the forum and thank everyone for all the good info.

Les Paul Forum Member
    1993 Cherry Sunburst Classic Plus through a Marshall TSL122. My first guitar bought new and still the one, out of five, that feels the best to me. I didn't even know what a "power chord" was! I just figured I knew I would continue to play, so why not start at the top?

Are we going to see any results on this survey? I would be curious to see a summary, tendancies, or even why you are asking.

Les Paul Forum Member TommyTunes's Avatar
    MY most played LP is a 00 Classic P+ with Classic 57 and 57+ pups and all vintage RI hardware including a aluminum tailpiece. I actually like it better than my 02 R7. Amp of choice is a Super Reverb RI with a Visual Basic Route 66 pedal (compression set off)

I would like to add:

I now covet Jetlag's guitars

Regards,

Brian

1988 Black Custom & 1994 All Mahogany/P-90 through an ElectrOplex Rocket 90.

Les Paul Forum Member DeluxeRedWine's Avatar
    On The Banks Of The Deep End - Netherlands
    2001 Wine Red Les Paul Deluxe through a Crate Vintage Club 2110 class A tube amp...

Wilfred
    "The closer you are, the quicker it hits you..."

I play an R8 through a Reissue 65 Blackface Super Reverb for clean tone and through a JCM900 halfstack or Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier for dirty. YUM!

Snags
    Originally posted by Goodwood
    ANY late 50's Les Paul through a low powered tweed twin, or a 50 watt Marshall with a JBL loaded 4x12 cab.

YIKES!!

oops...............I'm not a "newbie"
    heeheehee, I don't even OWN a Les Paul, so THERE!!!!!

Les Paul Forum Member
    Different LPs Std. 80 into Marshall 800 or Soldano Slo(live) or a Fender The Twin (live) .In the studio I use a matchless HC 30 plus matchless 2x12 box.
    Pedals:maxon od808,Ibanez Ts9, Roger mayer wah, Roger Mayer voodoo vibe.
    First you learn your instrument,
    then you learn about music,
    then you forget both of those and just blow

Les Paul Forum Member

Gibson newbie

I just got a 1991 wine red Gibson Les Paul Custom and I play it either thru a POD 2.0 direct into the PA while gigging or into a Flextone II XL at home. That is my first and probably last Gibson. Never thought I'd own one. My Epi LP standard with a SD 59 in the neck and SD custom in the bridge is now second fiddle along with my American strat.
    1991 Gibson Les Paul Custom (wine red)

Les Paul Forum Member
    01 R8 Authentic through narrow panel tweed deluxe.

Epi Les Paul Slash signature model
    with a marshall mg30..heh..love it.

1982 Les Paul Custom Tobacco Sunburst through a 1978 Marshall JMP Master Volume with THD Hot Plate and THD 2x12 cab. Why? Because this setup gives me "THE TONE".

Les Paul Forum Member
    98 DC Standard into a 1973 50w Marshall into a Palmer speaker emulator into a TC G-Major FX into stereo home-studio monitors.

Why? For THAT fully cranked sound with proper FX at playalongaCD levels (There's also a MB Studio Preamp in the rack for clean sounds)

An ebony Gibson Les Paul Junior Special w/Humbuckers (don't know what year it's from, w/Duncan 59/JB pickups and Grover Rotomatic tuning machines) through a Marshall JCM 900 100W Dual Reverb 1/2 stack or a Marshall AVT50 combo amp (pedals: a Boss Overdrive/Distortion, an Electro-Harmonix Small Clone, and a Crybaby)...why? Because that's all I've got (not counting a crappy Strat copy that sits gathering dust in the corner of my room in it's gig bag)!

~b~
    Last edited by bayani; 12-17-02 at 02:49 PM.

92 Wine red Studio through a 92 Marshall JCM-900 4100 Fullstack. Love the tone, with no pedals.
    Ted

2002 Desert Burst Standard through an old Peavey Special 130. I sometimes use a Zoom 3000 effects pedal.

Les Paul Forum Member
    I just recently traded my Explorer for a LP Standard 2002 model. Very nice Heritage Cherry sunburst. Nice flame top too. It has the 60s neck and the new burst bucker pups. I Love the thing!!! I play through a Line 6 Pod 2.3 and a Line 6 Flextone II XL ( 100w -2x12s) This thing sounds great through this equipment. I like it better than the Explorer I had. The detail on this guitar is awesome. Gibson has definately got the upper hand on the competition.
    When I`m not playing this I play a Taylor 410CE Acoustic elec. either through the sound board or through a Fender acoustic amp.

`79 Standard through a `71 Hiwatt DR-103 w/Sound City 4x12. A great`Live at Leeds' sound.

A 1975 Wine Red Les Paul Deluxe w/ EMG's in it. Had for some 20 odd years. Currently play through a FenderCyber-Twin, but just picked up a JTM-45 RI. :brow
    cruising around with Elvis and Bigfoot in their UFO
    -Dave

'98 Flametop Custom through a Valvestate 100 (I know, I know. Some day tubes!).

Les Paul Forum Member
    '81 Black Les Paul Custom into a Rivera M100 for loud Rock and into a Tophat Club Royale for Blues.
    It's funny, I've got a pretty decent Strat and I pick it up to play a bit and 5 minutes later, I'm back on the Paul.

I guess that being a newbie with a grand total of 1 previous post easily qualifies me for this category. I play a Gary Moore Signature LP through a Peavy Classic 30. I don't own another LP or amp so choosing what to play is a moot point. I bought the Gary Moore because of the neck, the over all look of the guitar and the sound. The Classic 30 was the best used deal in a tube amp at the time. The two work great together.

bluebear

I play a 1996 emerald green Studio Gem through a Fender Princeton Reverb II or a Marshall 50 watt Jubilee combo. The Gem I chose for the price and for the :smokin P90 pickups.

Les Paul Forum Member Sixstring's Avatar
    My Gibson Heritage 80 Elite through a Fender Cyber Twin Head with 4x12 Marshall until now....

Got my '99 R9 just yesterday and think that's gonna be my no. 1 from now on. :dude

I just love the CT's versatility.

Les Paul Forum Member
    New member here too. Only one functional LP: 2001 Les Paul Studio (a black one) mostly throug a Peavey Classic 30. Recently I got my self a new amp too (Marshall 9001 preamp, solidstate power amp of unknown brand and a Marshal 1960A speaker cabinet) but that is not used so much yet.

My other LP is a project: a -78 Deluxe in halvbad condition which I'm about to renovate up, possibly making a sortof -57 Gold Top-lookalike.

Les Paul Forum Member GeetarGoul's Avatar

BjornAgain

BjornAgain- How did yo come up with your name? I saw an Abba tribute band in Boulder, CO five years or so ago and they were called Bjorn Again. Actually a good show and in the middle they broke into a Black Sabbath mini set. The chicks didn't care much for it but they rocked it!

Les Paul Forum Member

Re: BjornAgain

Originally posted by GeetarGoul
    BjornAgain- How did yo come up with your name? I saw an Abba tribute band in Boulder, CO five years or so ago and they were called Bjorn Again. Actually a good show and in the middle they broke into a Black Sabbath mini set. The chicks didn't care much for it but they rocked it!
    Well, my name is a reference to that band name. My name is Björn and this is the second try I make to registermyself, so "Bjorn Again" is a logical name.

A few years ago the pop band Erasure did an Abba-tribute called "Abbaesque", and BjornAgain got a piece of that fame by making a record with Erasure songs, as a reply. :-) That album was called Erasureish if I remenber right.

Les Paul Forum Member pete_spitzer's Avatar
    I've got 2 classics blowing through a Mesa Boogie Rectifier. Talk about making some great noise. Changed out the pups in both thought, and now I think I get a better tone. But I like heavy music, that's why I got the rectifier and the classics.

Les Paul Forum Member
    Dare I say it, but I actually don't play Les Pauls most of the time. But I DO love them. When I bring one out it is usually my 1980 LP Custom, not necessarily because it's my favorite one (that would probably be my LP Elegant) but because it's a fantasic example without being dead mint or overly valuable. I play all my guitars through a stereo amp rig which consists of a 66 Fender Bassman head through a Marshall 1965A cabinet and a Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10. As I say, I do love Les Pauls. But in the end I find my strat to be a more gig-friendly guitar.
    Happy Holidays
    Gene

'96 LP Classic through a Clark Beaufort (Tweed Deluxe repro). Its the best guitar-amp combo I've heard yet. The LP plays butter smoove or rumble, depending on my mood. LP through a tweed, s'all you needs.

I play an '02 R8 through a Marshall JTM-60 2 x 12 with NOS shield-logo Mullard EL34s. The tubes were big money but worth every penny. The tone is Allmans at Fillmore East, plus more....

I usually play my '01 Ebony Studio through a late eighties Laney AOR 100 with Svetlana EL-34s. I've had a couple of JCM 800, but the Laney sounds better to me, plus it has an effect loop, which my Marshall's never had.

I'll eventually get either an '02 Standard, or a Classic. I'd probably have to swap out the pu's on a Classic because I generally don't like ceramics. An '02 Standard I could very likely play stock.

Les Paul Forum Member
    1991 Wine Red Les Paul Standard(not a highly regarded year, apparently, but this one's ok, built early in 91,,Feb 13) into a dual amp set up, Mesa/Boogie Blue Angel 1x12 combo and a Mesa/Boogie Maverick short head into a Mesa Dual Rectifier style 1x12 open back bottom with a Boss CE5 Chorus Ensemble(also a Boss DD3 Digital Delay in the chain of one amp) making the split and a Mesa V-Twin preamp in front of the Blue Angel. I haven't really played out with this, though I'd use it like this,, and if more power needed, a GK 250ML w/ another 1x12 Boogie bottom with a Peavey 1230 Sheffield in it attached to the GK, to pull up the Maverick and an old Peavey Studio Chorus 210 to pull up the Blue Angel, by using the DI outs of the Mesa's.
    This guitar records beautifully through a Korg Pandora PX4 or a Behringer V-Amp. Was using a Tascam 788, but have changed to an Alesis ADAT HD24, with a Soundcraft/Spirit M12 board into a pair of Tannoy 800A's, compressing the mix with an RNC. I'll take the Pandora into two Joemeek MQ3's, running the stereo out of the PX4 into the Joemeeks.

Les Paul Forum Member GoldTopDudeJR's Avatar
    Lyin' in a burned out basement with the full moon in my eyes
    54 goldtop authentic (2001) through a Blue Voodoo 50 watt stack