• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

for newbies only (under 200 posts) what model LP and amp do you play the most and why

Cyphex

2016 50s Tribute into a 68 reissue Deluxe Reverb or a Laney Cub head + cab for that British flavour. The Tribute must be one of the most bang for the buck guitars out there. Extremely happy with it even if the pickups are a little too hot for my taste. The neck is simply to die for.

One note solo

Collector’s Choice #45, through the board that finishes with a GigRig Humdinger splitter, then into a Swart Antares paired with either a DR Z Maz 38 or Jackson Scarlett.

Silvercrow

2000 Les Paul Studio, Ruby Red AND
NEW 2017 Les Paul Classic Exclusive Run in Seafoam Green

Amps:

Fender Mustang IIIv2

Positive Grid Bias Head Amp / Avatar 1x12 cab.

Brian

Thartman06

Hey all!! Glad to be here! My main gig rig is a wine red LP studio and an old Mesa Boogie DC-3 that's actually a prototype amp for the Maverick. They made like 90 of them before they started selling it as a Mav. Anyways, that lil amp sounds fantastic mic'ed up and I've been gigging it for 6 years. Just recently bought a 2017 LP classic plus but I'm trying to get the neck issues sorted with that one. Thanks Gibson...

TcRoc

I bounce back and forth between a 08 Standard Gold Top and '10 Traditional Pro. My Rig is a BlackStar HT Stage 60 into a Marshall 4x12 1960B

dalezjc

I play a Les Paul copy (yes I'm ashamed) into an Egnater Tweaker. Also have a MIM Tele and MIM Strat that I love as well.

Dale

Jericbrazier

Hey everybody! My first post, I just got my first LP since the internet age started. I’ve got a ‘96 Les Paul Classic GT. She’s got some scars, but I love her! She plays and sounds like a dream. I play her through a ‘15 dsl40c loaded with a Eminence Swamp Thang. IMHO, it’s a great speaker for that amp. The amp’s tone now rivals amps that cost significantly more. You sure can’t beat a LP into a Marshall! I’ve also got a SD hb loaded hss Strat and a Gretsch Pro Jet, but they’re mostly gathering dust. dustdcurrently

dbmonster

Hi everyone, a bedroom guitarist here playing 2013R8 VOS over a Orange Dark Terror on a Marshall Cab, right now but missing my Fender RI 59 Bassman left n PH.

chipss36

17 traditional , light, solid and loud. pretty heavy modded 58- ish.

2 vibroverbs, evm15l speakers and large Iron outputs ,rca tubes.

Why? because they both tell the whole truth, and nothing but. forces me to play better.

ivan H

For the last few years its been a 2012 traditional (iced tea). For gigs its through a homebuilt '68 spec 50 watt m@rsh@ll clone & a homebuilt 50 watt Tim Caswell #39 mod m@rsh@ll clone & greenbacks over vintage 30's 4x12 cab. I switch between amps with a metropolous headmaster switcher. At home I use a 5F1 Champ clone (also homebuilt. I recently purchased a Heritage 80 Standard & that has become my No. 1. Cheers

Finbar

1983 Standard with a beautiful flame, 1974 20th anniversary custom black beauty and a stereo rig of a 68 deluxe reverb re-issue and an early 1970s twin reverb head through its matching 2x12 cab. Like the rest of you I have a room full of other gear that is beyond the scope of this thread.

EbonyLP

Gday from 'down under'.
New to LPF but been playing for about 30 years. I was never 'big' on LP's and usually played flying 'v's or Explorers, sometimes Strat's.
I had gigged on a few occasions with borrowed LP's but was happy to give them back.
I came across a 1992 Ebony Standard and was a little hesitant about buying it. Id have to say this is one of the nicest guitars ive ever held/played. I like my guitars a bit on the heavy side (im 6'5) and the neck is....'magic'.
I'm not sure if this guitar is original but it has certainly 'sold' me !!
...oh...im playing this thing stereo through 2 marshall half stacks with some random stomp boxes.

pjisaacs

53/59 conversion into Fractal Axe-FX III, mostly with a JTM or Plexi model.

Amazing guitar, just amazing

Iguana

Here’s an unconventional one for ya: 2013 Gibson Les Paul standard into a Dunlop Eric Johnson fuzz face then into a Dunlop wah. From there into an old ADA MP-1 stereo preamp with a bit of chorus for width. The ADA is mostly to push the inputs on my amps and to split the signal into stereo. From there the signal splits left into a Marshall MA100H and MG412A CAB and right into a Line 6 Duoverb head feeding a gutted original Fender Bassman amp. The amplifier for the Fender was gone long before I got my hands on it. Hey I said it was unconventional didn’t I. Believe it or not that setup yealds some killer tones. Just ask my neighbors. If I can’t feel my pants flappin in the breeze it ain’t loud enough!

El Gringo

Most of the time my R8, then my R9 thru my Marshall 2555X amp ,into my Marshall 2551AV cab .

LeonC

I've been a member for many years...but I don't post much. I've become a bit more active since picking up a couple of collector's choice Les Pauls. In my r&b band, I primarily use early cc#14 Waddy Wachtel '60 type guitar. I'm playing through a Redplate Backline in that band. I'm just getting a new '90s-era-rock (cover) band off the ground--brand new music to me, lol--and in this band, I'm using a cc#28 STP Burst (technically, a '58 model) mostly...not 100% settled on amps yet. (I've got a slew of vintage Valco and Fender stuff and I've built myself clones of my favorite Marshalls and some others.) Probably wind up using mostly one of the Marshall-clones.

Andrew

2013 Les Paul Tradition Pro II and normally a Deluxe Reverb RI because it's lighter but for bigger gigs I'll use a Vox AC30CC2X
IMG_4649.jpg

Flyin_gherkin

2008 slash epi, 05 les paul standard through a blackstar HT1r or Pro JNr when no one is home :laugh2:

Attachments

• guitar.jpg
    guitar.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 4