NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,800 of 1806
    Les Paul Forum Member

Re: for newbies only (under 200 posts) what model LP and amp do you play the most and

Hi all,

First post on the forum here!
    Typical training session: 2016 LP Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst straight into a 1991 Fender Pro Junior (tweed)
    When more time is available: 1991 LP Custom through some effects (mostly TS9) into a modern Fender '65 DR amp (vibrato channel with reverb).

Happy new year!

Re: for newbies only (under 200 posts) what model LP and amp do you play the most and

At the moment I've got my Les Paul custom running through a Marshall Guvnor II pedal and then into my Mambo solid state Jazz amp. It works really well but I'm gassing for a JTM45 or a JCM800 even though both are way too much amp as I don't play in a band anymore
    "It Don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing"

2017 Les Paul Standard HP Bourbon Burst into Marshall DSL40CR. The sound I've always wanted.

Hi folks,

Long time member, first time poster. I play my LP Studio into my Egnater Rebel 30. A great combination that really doesn't need pedals. Perfect for the bedroom, which is where I play 95% of the time.

DSCF7099.jpg

2003 Les Paul Custom Shop thru a Mesa Studio .22+. This amp, while not perfect, is a great gigging amp at 18-20 watts. It's old and needs an EQ fix, but I use an old Boss GE-10 thru the effects loop, and that is a great workaround. I'd love something that doesn't have a master volume, but it's a great little amp.

Les Paul Forum Member shrews824's Avatar

Just picked up a 2012 Gibson LP Traditional in Honeyburst. I've owned two others, but no longer have them. I had a '92 Standard in Wine Red and a '98 Studio in Black. Loved them both, but I've always been more of a Fender guy so I just sold them. As far as amps go, my main amp is a 2003 Reissue '65 Fender Twin Reverb. I also have a '96 Fender Hot Rod DeVille (2x12) and a little 80's model Champ 12. I actually play through the Champ the most just because it's quiet and not so cumbersome. It's not the greatest sounding amp in the world, but it gets the job done for practicing and noodling.

gibsonlespaultraditional.jpg

Les Paul Forum Member cooltouch's Avatar

Permission to revise and extend my remarks ---

Somewhere above in the sea of posts, I mentioned my 2013 Les Paul Traditional and ~2000 Les Paul Special -- double cut with P90s. Both wonderful sounding instruments. And now they sound even better because I just bought a Marshall CODE 50. What a spectacular little amp! I can get just about every tone imaginable out of this relatively compact little unit. I'll be using it mostly for woodshedding and recording with my digital audio workstation, but it has plenty of power for gigging at small to mid-size venues.

I've just scratched the surface with all the things this amp can do. But here's a quick gist: Using a modelling technology Marshall calls MST, they've managed to stuff inside this little unit 14 preamps, 4 power amps, and 8 speaker cabinets, plus 24 fx with the capability to use up to 5 simultaneously. But wait, there's more! After downloading the app for the CODE to your iOS or Android device, via BLuetooth you can then select, modify and store (if desired) any setting changes you've made, all via your handheld device. The Bluetooth function also allows you to play your MP3s through the amp's speaker or headphones out, so you can easily practice to your favorite tunes. And the CODE also has USB so that you can interface your amp directly with your DAW. Wow. And it's all wrapped up in an elegantly understated package.

Yes, I would recommend this amp to anybody.
    Best,
    Michael

Les Paul Forum Member Mongonius's Avatar

I’m very much a newb....so much so that it is shameful. My R8 bourbon burst is on the way from Gibson right now. All I have is a fender blues Jr. . Still have some reading to do in the forum before I choose an amp.

why? Cuz I don’t know any better.

Quote Originally Posted by DG2003 View Post
    ...thru a Mesa Studio .22+. This amp, while not perfect, is a great gigging amp at 18-20 watts. It's old and needs an EQ fix, but I use an old Boss GE-10 thru the effects loop, and that is a great workaround. I'd love something that doesn't have a master volume, but it's a great little amp.
    I've got a later model one with EQ and the lead master control. I love it and as you say it's a great gigging amp. I also have a Studio Preamp which has some nice touches like extra tone shaping switches and a lead drive control.

Les Paul Forum Member Shocktop99's Avatar

I feel like I should do one of these since I haven't yet, Pretty much I Play only my 79 Les Paul Custom through my Roland Jc-120 with my small pedal board(Korg Mini Pitchblack Tuning Pedal, Fulltone OCD, Boss DD-3, and Strymon Flint Reverb/Trem Unit), currently in the process of putting together a 83 Fender Strat Elite!! That's about it!
    1979 Wine Red Gibson Les Paul Custom
    1984 Roland Jazz Chorus 120
    2019 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe George Benson Signature
    2019 2x12OG Emperor Cab
    1983 Fender Stratocaster Elite

"When you plug it in... when it gets electric, its just a complete different world."

-Adam Jones Circa 1994

"Live wrong and Perspire"
    -Anonymous

2017 Les Paul T faded Cherry through a Marshall DSL 1H paired with an MX212 cabinet.

I'm ashamed to admit that I can't get it loud enough to give that nice valve amp break up (my hearing is a bit too sensitive). Might have to buy an attenuator for it so I can get that nice distorted sound without killing my hearing and pissing off the relatives .

I also own a 2018/19 Les Paul Custom (ordered 2018 received 19) that I'm yet to hook up to a big amp.

Hey there. I've been following the forum for a while now, but just recently posted my first comment. I'm all about my 2013 Desert Burst Standard and Fender Bassbreaker. Love that combination. Cheers

IMG_2697.jpgIMG_2698.jpg

Les Paul Forum Member

My Traditional "HP" 2016 - which is the best guitar I have ever owned. I also own a Standard 2007

I mostly play through an Atomic Amplifire Box (Friedman HBE model) into a Yamaha THR10X (my best ever amp purchase).
    When I play with a band (years ago now) I use my Hughes & Kettner Switchblade (programmable tube head with FX) & 4x12" V30 cab which sounds great.
    I also have a Blackstar HT5 that is unused because the THR10X just sounds too good at such low volumes & with almost no tweaking

My most played LP is a 81 deluxe, and amp i have been using a lot a Yamaha THR10, because its more comfortable to carry from room to room and its not heavy
    the LP because i love it, its a dream to play (although i wish it was a little bit less heavy)

I mostly play either my '79 custom or R8 through an inexpensive Peavey studio pro 112. It was my first amp and I've honestly meant to upgrade to something better over the years. It's just whenever I'm ready to buy, I end up with a new guitar instead, lol.

I have several LP’s and amps. My favorite combination is my CS R6 through one of my 50 watt JCM800’s.

Les Paul Forum Member

Typically play my 2017 R8 through a Yamaha THR100HD.
    2014 Ocean Blue Gibson Les Paul Traditional w/ Dimarzio PAF59s
    2017 Gibson Slash R8 "First Standard" Les Paul #3/100
    1991 Gibson "Hall of Fame" Gold Top Les Paul w/ P90s
    Instagram: SDLesPaul

This fully upgraded Epiphone through a Marshall DSL5C:

Last edited by Atlas 82; 04-07-19 at 03:35 AM.

I play my Les Paul guitars equally. I play my 80 Custom with new type Kahler brass/steel seat/rollers/cam for soft rock and blues. My Zakk Wylde Custom for screaming harmonics and Modern rock and metal, My VooDoo for modern sound but less solo's, more for heavy rock/metal rhythm and what I call aggressive blues. I sold my standard mostly because I don't like rosewood fretboards, but played smooth rock/ballads on that, now use the old LP. All through Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier and 2 4X12 Mesa cabs with Vintage 30's. My 1980 Les Paul Custom with new Brass/steel Kahler upgrade is probably my favorite as it has the most versatility and has some serious mojo. Just feels great to play.

Les Paul Forum Member David Garner's Avatar

93 Standard, Ceriatone 18 Watt. Both shown here.

B4964F54-8308-4AC9-BE76-4D33A9C67221.jpg

Right now just a 2018 Studio with the 57 Classics it came with and I use a Fender Blues Jr at home for practice and a POD HD500X straight into the board for gigs because I hate hauling amps around.

I also plug in my SG Std and will be plugging in my 335 when it gets here tomorrow.

My go to Les Paul is a 1969 Gibson Les Paul Custom (one piece body and neck, transitional tenon, all original except TOM-original ABR-1 is in the case). It is one of the best Les Paul's I have played and holds up to the "holy grail" feel and sound of select late 50's Bursts. Great sustain, versatile tones, incredible guitar and handles any gig.

My go-to amp depends on the gig. Smaller stuff I tend to go towards a 1961 Fender Princeton. It has enough volume to keep up and great breakup. For larger occasions I usually lean towards a 1962 Fender Pro. It's been spray painted black but is pretty bone stock minus filter caps. Great cleans and when cranked is everything a Marshall could ever wish to be and more! One of the most usable amps I've played through. Alone it's a beast, paired with a Marshall you have an unstoppable monster behind you (below is the 62 Pro and 72 Marshall 1986 setup snapped before a gig with Mitch Ryder). All of my amps are powered by the marvelous AmpRX BrownBox.

2015 Traditional & 2019 50s Standard.

Most of the time lately I play the 50s Standard (because it's new and awesome?) and depending on what I'm playing I'll use an EVH 5150 III into a 2x12 cab or for bluesier stuff sometimes a Fender Bassbreaker 15w into the same cab.

Les Paul Forum Member Rex Carlson's Avatar

Very pretty guitar. Enjoy.

Les Paul Forum Member

Hi Everyone! I'm a new member, bought another les paul on friday. les paul shroud.jpg
    Last edited by murg; 07-24-19 at 08:59 AM. Reason: this is a 1998 standard i bought on friday

Les Paul Forum Member

Second post!

Gigging - usually a '92 cherry ES335 through a 1966 deluxe reverb. Sometimes I will switch out the ES for an '88 prehistoric flametop reissue LP through the same amp. Occasionally I will swap out the deluxe for something bigger, like a pro reverb or a bassman.

Gibson guitar -> fender amp, all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by murg View Post
    Hi Everyone! I'm a new member, bought another les paul on friday. les paul shroud.jpg

Gorgeous!

87 custom or 16’ American strat w/ everything axe pickups. Through a few effects to a jcm900

I play a 2004 les paul standard gold top through a fender amp
    First post on here as well

Les Paul Forum Member

My go to Les Paul is a 2006 Classic that I've had modded. It has Duncan pickups wound by MJ with the Peter Green mod done to the neck pickup. Bone nut, orange drops, Faber bridge and tailpiece.

It never lets me down.

For amps, I only use Marshall. My live rig consists of a JVM 410 and a 78 JMP 2203 into JCM 800 1936 and 1960 cabs.

65268735_10217144453955549_6264800393578938368_n.jpg 1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tastes have changed during my forum hiatus! Still my 2012 traditional but now my Lazy J20 has been the amp of choice for the past 18 months. Glorious sound!

Les Paul Forum Member

The most recent object of my affection is a 1989 Orville by Gibson Les Paul Custom in Wine Red weighing in at a dead even 8lbs! It is solid mahogany with the maple cap (and a mahogany neck) with no weight relief whatsoever! It has a long neck tenon, a 60's slim neck, and a rosewood board. It is very well balanced in both weight and tone, with amazing resonance. It has Bill Lawrence circuit board pickups that really complement it well, producing a great woody tone! I have been obsessed with it since the day it arrived from Japan around 4 weeks ago. I typically play it through my Peavey Delta Blues with an Effectrode Blackbird preamp pedal for extra variety. This setup blows my mind every time I plug in!
    Last edited by ObG89; 08-15-19 at 01:42 PM.

I am playing my "19 Trad either through a Marshall DSL 20HR with a Bogner 2x12 w Creambacks or a Marshall studio SV20 with a Marshall 2061CX with Creambacks.

IMG_20190330_123142_553.jpg68613351_10157114716300306_269548977811095552_o.jpg2011 50's Tribute Gold Top Studio and 2019 Traditional through Marshall DSL100.

84 black beauty custom through a Marshall JVM 205h& jcm800-4x12

2013 Standard, Tea Burst through a 2x12 Carvin Belair.

I have a Les Paul 2018 Studio.. wine red with gold hardware.. it plays and sounds good to my ears.. very easy to play right out of the box. It is going into a cry baby wa pedal, and then into a fender champion 40 amp.

'97 LP studio (black) >> Supro 1600 RI or '64 Ampeg r12r-a

I've got a 2007 Les Paul Classic 1960 and I quite enjoy the tone I get when I plug it directly into my 10th Anniversary 10-Watt Blackstar Artisan
    I keep my neck volume on 2 or 3 and tone on 7 and my bridge volume on full and tone on about 3 or 4. Sounds beautiful in every switch position!
    Gives me the ability to easily switch from a clean rythm to a crunchy fill and driven lead tone :D