• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Acoustic Electric issue

Bluesman1956

No it’s not a Gibson or Fender but since I’ve been a R8 owner for some time and enjoy everyone’s input here I need to reach out with regards to a issue with my 78’ Takamine EF341SC acoustic electric. It’s been in storage for some time until recently when I was going to plug it in for a sound check. Well there was no electric working whatsoever. The last time I used it about a year ago it worked perfectly through the bands PA. When I stored it I always removed the battery from the preamp. Any basic trouble shooting advice before I bring it to a tech? I really don’t use it anymore and would prefer to sell it but not in its current condition. I’ve tried a couple of new batteries and as far as I can see all the connections seem intact. Could the preamp be bad? Thanks for any advice.

oldog

Clean the jack and battery contacts with contact cleaner before you take it anywhere

somebodyelseuk

Clean the jack and battery contacts with contact cleaner before you take it anywhere
We need a like function... that says nearly everything.
I have a later EN20, and I noticed the leads between the bridge, jack and preamp look like they have connectors of some sort - ie not directly soldered - so may be worth pulling and cleaning those, too. Not 100% certain, but worth checking.