• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My Eddie Van Halen Tribute Les Paul (FrankenPaul)

willwallner

Hey!

I'm new to this forum and wanted to share a Les Paul I recently acquired. I was a massive Eddie fan but as a Les Paul player never wanted to buy a frankenstrat so I created my own 'frankenpaul'. It started off as a brand new 2020 Les Paul Classic which I had refinished with EVH stripes. It has a set of Bareknuckle VHII pickups installed and a few other customizations like a refret with Jumbo frets and custom truss rod cover. Its definitely not for the purists but I really love how it came out. It sounds great too, I attached a video of my attempt to play Eruption. Let me know what you think, cheers!
IMG_4653.jpgIMG_4677.jpgIMG_4670.jpgIMG_4693.jpgIMG_4681.jpg

El Gringo

Dude you rock:dude: Amazing playing and i love the Frankenpaul . Bravo !!!!!!!!!

zacknorton

dude!! that looks great on an lp!!

and you ripped it up. got some of the EVH swing! I can't even think that fast.

but I want to see either black plastic on that guitar or white... the creme isn't cool enough to sit on your great paint job.

:dude::dude::dude:

metropolis

Very cool and fantastic playing and tone. Nicely done.

Agree with the above post, I think some different plastics might suit it better.

willwallner

dude!! that looks great on an lp!!

and you ripped it up. got some of the EVH swing! I can't even think that fast.

but I want to see either black plastic on that guitar or white... the creme isn't cool enough to sit on your great paint job.

:dude::dude::dude:

Yeah I need to look into replacing the plastic parts, I may do an update where I replace the plastic parts and relic it, cheers!