• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Who is Melvyn Franks?

Maxmc

Recently, two prototypes of the CC#1 Greenie guitar came onto the market from the Melvyn Franks collection. The original guitar is also referred to as the Melvyn Franks guitar. I know that he acquired the original Greenie from Gary Moore and that he later sold it to Kirk Hammett. He is/was a guitar collector but that's about it. Does anyone know anything more about him? Is he still alive? He seems to be as elusive as the ATC.

sws1

At one point, I was able to dig up more internet information on him. But I can't find all the info I used to. Most of what I've heard or read elsewhere is probably best not discussed publicly for legal reasons. There's a long thread elsewhere on LPF discussing the greeny, MF, Maverick Music, Musicground, lawsuits, etc etc. You might be able to piece together some of the story. Some of the links inside are now dead, and were probably were I read some things.

But knowing that he was from FL, a google search came up with this jewelry site which has a picture of Greeny on it...so it must be him.

https://keyspawn.com