• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My first single cut! It's a Goldtop!

Wound_Up

Just picked this up through Monoprice.com and I'm quite impressed as a newb. This is an outstanding guitar. It's an Indio 66 DLX Plus. Solid mahog body and carved maple top. 2 piece neck with scarf joint. Action was perfect out of the box. Fret ends have been rounded off and polished. They're actually on sale currently. $50 off normal price.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=610392

BbhCDvW.jpg

Specs are as follows

Model 610392

Color Goldtop gloss

Number of Strings 6

Body Style Single-cutaway solid body

Headstock Mono shape, 14° angle

Top Material Maple (17.5mm)

Body Material Mahogany (44.5mm)

Fretboard Material Rosewood with ivory bindings

Neck Material Mahogany

Nut 43x6 mm bone

Neck Construction Set in

Neck Shape C

Fretboard Radius 350mm(about 13.75")

Heel Width 56.7mm

Scale 628mm

Number of Frets 22 (2.6mm)

Fret Size 2.6mm

Pickups HH - Alnico V, 9.5K (N), 11.6K (B)

Wound_Up

4 months later and I've modified it a bit since then.

Removed the poker chip and replaced the import switch with a long Switchcraft 3-way and a deep shouldered nut like you find on 50s Les Pauls. Not the one that has threads that stick above the body of the guitar. Replaced the jack with a full contact True Tone jack. Then I scored an INCREDIBLE deal on a brand new Seymour Duncan 59 Model SH-1B bridge humbucker w/ nickel silver cover for $60 so that was installed, as well. I also replaced the dark gold top hat knobs it came with. I tried amber initially but they were too orange so I ordered standard gold top hats. Much lighter in color than the stock knobs.

Currently waiting to replace the 500k Alpha pots with the 5% tolerance CTS pots and PIO caps I ordered from The Art of Tone. Im currently waiting on the caps and some new tips I ordered for my 140w soldering gun so I can use it to get in & out quickly when soldering to the back of the pots.

I also attempted to reposition the bridge pickup because it was installed left of center from the factory. So the strings don't line up that well. I got it a little closer but it needs more work.

Also got speed knobs on the way for the CTS pots. Knurled & regular because I'm not sure which I'll prefer.

Overall, this guitar was excellent when I got it and it's even better now. I just wish I knew someone who can actually play that I could get to play it to its full capabilities. Because I surely can't yet. And I really wanna hear what this thing can do.

Warranty? Ahhhh. I don't need no stinkin warranty. I AM the warranty lol. I'm a certified automotive technician by trade so guitar repairs oughtta be right up my wheelhouse.

Last edited:

Wound_Up

I should have mentioned that I also have a couple of different 40w Weller irons. As well as a 300w capable adjustable power supply to be able to regulate it to anything from 5 to 140w. In any, case, I've used the gun plenty before I had the adjustable power supply. It's literally touch and go with the gun. It's also got a 70w? setting in the 2-stage trigger.

What I haven't used is the regular 40w soldering iron to solder to pots. I do have a good amount of old, import pots from my other guitar and a few that came with some pickups that I could practice on just to make sure I don't have any issues with the 40w iron. Because I've seen more than a few posts across the forums about guys burning up pots with a 40w lol. I do appreciate the advice. I likely will test solder an old pot with the 40w and just use that now that you've mentioned it.

Last edited: