• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Custom 1964 ES-335 Reissue - Any out there?

muddyh2o

Morning all,

Long time lurker, finally decided to sign up to this great forum!

I'm on the hunt for one of the new Custom '64 ES-335's in Cherry. Does anyone happen to know any dealers/shops that have one available? It appears the online retailers I'm familiar with have either sold out or don't have the Cherry version.

Any help locating some would be greatly appreciated! :yah

Thanks!
Erik

[h=1][/h]

amorrow

I bought one from Russo a few weeks ago. They hadn’t listed it online yet. If you haven’t already, you might want to just call around and I’m sure retailers will let you know of new arrivals not yet listed, or any in the pipeline. I also called Eddies around the same time and they said one was on the way. I saw they have one on their site now, but it’s an aged one...with a price tag.

E.M.

Morning all,

Long time lurker, finally decided to sign up to this great forum!

I'm on the hunt for one of the new Custom '64 ES-335's in Cherry. Does anyone happen to know any dealers/shops that have one available? It appears the online retailers I'm familiar with have either sold out or don't have the Cherry version.

Any help locating some would be greatly appreciated! :yah

Thanks!
Erik

Call or email Wildwood. If they don't have it in stock they can get it for you. https://wildwoodguitars.com/product-category/electrics/gibson-custom-shop/hollowbody-and-archtop/

muddyh2o

Thanks guys, I was able to find one, should be here Monday. Looked good from what I can tell in the pictures I was sent, fingers crossed!

Appreciate the leads, if this one doesn't work out I'll check into those.

Thanks!

goldtop0

Thanks guys, I was able to find one, should be here Monday. Looked good from what I can tell in the pictures I was sent, fingers crossed!

Appreciate the leads, if this one doesn't work out I'll check into those.

Thanks!

We'll need pics of it when you get it................:2cool

Mr. Legit

I hope your '64 335 Reissue is awesome. I absolutely love mine more and more everyday. I have a '64 SG Reissue on the way now too.
Gibson%201964%20Reissue%20ES-335%20Controls.jpg
p8yltOj
p8yltOj

Last edited:

muddyh2o

Mr. Legit that's a beauty! It was actually you/your guitar that made me decide to pull the trigger on one of these. That said, my wallet would like a word with you. :laugh2:

It was a bit of a chore, but I was able to have pictures of 5 different ones sent to me all via different Guitar Centers and chose the one I liked the most. Luckily, the one I chose had just been unpacked that morning and it was placed in an enclosed case so it hadn't been abused. :laugh2:

Here's a few of the pictures of the one I chose, it's going to be a long weekend waiting. :dang

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Mr. Legit

Mr. Legit that's a beauty! It was actually you/your guitar that made me decide to pull the trigger on one of these. That said, my wallet would like a word with you. :laugh2:

It was a bit of a chore, but I was able to have pictures of 5 different ones sent to me all via different Guitar Centers and chose the one I liked the most. Luckily, the one I chose had just been unpacked that morning and it was placed in an enclosed case so it hadn't been abused. :laugh2:

Here's a few of the pictures of the one I chose, it's going to be a long weekend waiting. :dang

That is a beautiful guitar, I just hope yours is as perfect as mine is to me. In my opinion, they really did a great job with the ES line this year. Guitars are always a personal preference thing, and some like some the ‘64 neck and some don’t, but I feel with some time it will be like a glove. Happy Thanksgiving! And please do let us know what you think when it arrives! It took me awhile to get mine!

garywright

Great shot ..I’d love to check one out in person

marshall1987

Anyone know if these 2020 Gibson reissue '64 ES-335 TDC's have the maple center-block "cutout" under the bridge pickup?

Inspection of vintage 335s from around 1962 to 1965, reveal that some guitars have the center-block cutout, and others' don't. I have seen photos of a few '65 ES 335s that do not have the cutout.

Some folks claim they can hear a difference in tone between the two versions. :hmm

garywright

post deleted...just realized the one I had tried to post last night received mod approval and got posted (#10 )

bern1

Anyone know if these 2020 Gibson reissue '64 ES-335 TDC's have the maple center-block "cutout" under the bridge pickup?

Inspection of vintage 335s from around 1962 to 1965, reveal that some guitars have the center-block cutout, and others' don't. I have seen photos of a few '65 ES 335s that do not have the cutout.

Some folks claim they can hear a difference in tone between the two versions. :hmm

I believe there is a difference in the sound between the two versions. However, we’re never going to be able to tell for sure because other things will also be different between two guitars.

Progrocker111

Im interested in these 2020 new reissues too, please share some experiences with them. I wasnt very thrilled with my former Memphis reissues with MHS pickups. :hmm

gio

Bumping up. I’m considering one myself. I have a Memphis made 50th anniversary ‘59 335, but am looking to add a 64 Ri to my collection.

GotTheSilver

So did you get the guitar? How is it?