• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The best theme song ever.

Foggy72

Is Hawaii Five O.

I grew up with Combat and Vic Morrow, Twelve O'Clock High, Dragnet, Wagon Train and so many others.

But this was my favorite.

The best turn around in the history of television or film.

|QUOTE]

I dunno. Those horns were pretty cheesy.

LeonC

[QUOTE Honorable mention to Hill Street Blues. Man, Mike Post sure knew how to write a great theme song!

A very young Larry Carlton played those beautiful guitar riffs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he was younger, for sure...weren't we all, lol!

But that series started in '81. Larry had been playing with the Crusaders for years by then. [OT]I saw a cool performance of an even younger Larry Carlton, :), playing rhythm for BB in Kinshasa Nigeria in '74 at an absolutely fantastic concert. It was documented in a great documentary called "Soul Power"; the DVD is available on Netflix. The Crusaders are on that show too, and they've got Put It Where You Want It in the flick. (But if you ask me, the real star of the show was Celia Cruz and the Fania All Stars...GD!!!! They blow that crowd away!!). Lots of James Brown, Spinners and Muhamad Ali footage too (man...I forgot what a motor-mouth he was, lol). Highly Recommended!![/OT]

jtees4

Probably the most recognizable of all time.

Absolutely the best in my mind. When I don't see the show for awhile, and it comes on....well it's like Ginger AND maryann just came over to spend a little time with me, and we'd all watch Bonanza together!:salude

jtees4

And this is not my favorite BUT it might win for sticking in my head for awhile after hearing it.....

cincyguitar

Who remembers "The Man From Uncle"....?...I loved that theme song....and "Secret Agent"...I learned to play that when I was a young un.....it sux getting old....:hank

Daytripper67

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J1WIwXuzaaU" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Mike Post wrote some great show themes

LucyaSm

Banned
Is Hawaii Five O.

I grew up with Combat and Vic Morrow, Twelve O'Clock High, Dragnet, Wagon Train and so many others.

But this was my favorite.

The best turn around in the history of television or film.

Jack Lord rocked!
That is really perfect, man. One of my favorite too