• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Newly announced Gibson Custom Murphy Labs '67 Jimi Hendrix Flying V

axlrhoads

Hey guys, new here, long time reader, first time poster. Heard about Gibson's new upcoming '69 Flying V yet (and the SG)? It'll be limited to 125 righties and 25 lefties. Ya'll think it will appreciate? Seems the fairly recent Gibson Custom Slash Anconda burst LP's and the very recent Adam Jones LP's did appreciate, and quickly (even if possibly attributable to the heist, making it even more limited...whatever). I like buying these things, like many of you, but one could buy stock too when they get around 10k and not have to hear if from the better half. I dont suspect they will depreciate? Further, the mkt at 10+ is prob like a cutoff point of limiting the buyers. And, they could always do another one of these in 20-30 yrs, ie when I prob would want want to sell, and maybe hurt the value of these (they put out a limited to 400 run of nearly the same V in '91). If resale stays the same in 10-20 yrs - I'll pass. If it's more likely to be 1.5x, or double + in the same time frame, I guess I'd spring for one. Thoughts on should I stay or should I go my friends?

El Gringo

Well there are choices and if you want to make sure you get yours then get them while the getting is good . Now on the other hand you could do just as well with a regular Gibson Custom V at a more affordable price point . It's all about choices right ? I myself would not get into the guessing game if said instrument will appreciate more than such and such model . Remember these are not golden era vintage instruments , so there is that to consider as well because no one has a crystal ball to know how and if what appreciates in the future or regresses price wise and it is a gamble . I would say buy if it makes you happy and you can afford it with no preconceived notions and thus purely for how much joy and happiness it will bring you , and lastly play her and enjoy her versus a case queen that gets taken out once in a blue moon .

GreenBurst

Keep in mind you are rolling the dice.

Just compare CC01A to any other CC to see my point.

Best advice is to always buy what you love - model, finish, color, whatever. That way you'll like it regardless of value.

Good luck.