• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2011 Les Paul Standard, Should I keep it?

Eriquinho

Hi all, during this month I will buy my first Les Paul reissue, a 1958 (VOS). I'm thinking to sell my 2011 Les Paul (2008 edition with asymmetrical neck), but I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should keep it or not. What you guys recommend?

Keefoman

Hi all, during this month I will buy my first Les Paul reissue, a 1958 (VOS). I'm thinking to sell my 2011 Les Paul (2008 edition with asymmetrical neck), but I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should keep it or not. What you guys recommend?

If you really like it and can afford to keep it, there is no reason why you shouldn't?

jrgtr42

Like the others, unless there's a reason to sell, like needing funding for the new one, go ahead and keep it.
IF you play them side by side, are they different tones?
One might be better for one style than another.

Mattyboy75

If you can And want to keep it I would, however, I have kept a lot of gear in the past and never for played it for months or years at a time. I tend to get a new guitar and then stop playing the others and last year I got rid of three or four guitars that I just hadn’t used.
Do I miss them? No, not really.

Aceman

My recommendation is be an adult and make your own decisions. Seriously...how can we answer that question?

Or, use your words and ask if you are wondering about something like likelihood of collectability, current sale value on the market, importance of having a similar backup guitar of something meaningful

Or, we can go with "Seriously? why would ANYONE get rid of a Les Paul?!?!?!" I have 4 - they are all different. I love them all differently. OK - two are pretty similar; Standard and a Custom both with Super D's....but the others are different!

OK....

One has P-90's (Studio)
One is a Custom (3 pickup)
One is Tobacco burst
One has a Duncan Distortion
One is a 96, the others are 73, 74, 79...

Alright - they aren't that different. I still love them all!!!! Keep it unless you have a reason to not keep it. You can always sell it if you never play it. But I say get different pickups for it. Make it a very different guitar that the R.

Eriquinho

Thanks for your comments. I decided to keep it. I ended up buying a 1960 reissue 60th anniversary V2.