• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Do recent R9 reissues fade?

TommyQ

Gibson has so many different top colors these days. But do they fade? In other words, are the dyes as reactive to light as the old stuff? That would be cool. We'd all be playing lemon bursts in 30 years... smiles

El Gringo

I think they do fade if you leave them in direct sunlight . My 2014 R9 has faded some , and after i became aware of it i moved it .

el84ster

My 2016 R8 sure has! Lost at least half, maybe 2/3 if it’s sunburst. And that living in its case when it’s not being played. Mostly studio work, no outdoor gigs.

El Gringo

My 2016 R8 sure has! Lost at least half, maybe 2/3 if it’s sunburst. And that living in its case when it’s not being played. Mostly studio work, no outdoor gigs.
Wow , all natural fade .

MeHereNow

My 2018 R8 faded considerably.
Most noticable are the "tanlines" when the poker chip of the switch and pick guard are off, but also the sides of the body and whole neck turned from red to a brownish/ orange colour.
It's my main gigging guitar and thus no casequeen.