• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Hercules vs LPs

Canon_Mutant

[FONT=&quot]Just FYI . . .[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This is apparently a thing that I was not aware of. I have had [2] Hercules triple guitar stands for a decade. Last night I was watching the Allman Bros special on AXSTV and BAMM! One of the stands just collapsed dropping my guitars in the process. And, yes, it was naturally my 50th R9 and LP Axcess. My R9 has a huge ding now and the Axcess hit so hard it popped the tremolo clear out of the guitar. It seems to be otherwise undamaged as was the [3rd] cheaper Godin. My 3rd stand with my Carvins and Strat is a different brand and seems to be fine.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yeah, I know, should have been in their cases. But, I learned years ago on another guitar even that is not bullet proof. I play them all regularly so I've done this for 10 yrs without incident. The plastic clamp literally disintegrated over time to almost a soft sticky rubber like crap. Same problem on my other one with cheap[er] guitars had not fallen. Actually they have both fallen clear to the other end of the mancave now during a profane tantrum. Apparently you can get a replacement if you have your receipt . . . from a guitar stand . . . you bought 10 yrs ago?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I can fix the Axcess. Not sure what to do with my R9? Just live with it I guess . . .[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Add it to the freakin 2020 pile! [/FONT]
eusa_wall.gif

Thunder Dump

Yes, this was an issue with the earliest models of the Hercules stands (single/double/triple). If you have one that is more than 5-7 years old just feel the adjustment handle. If it is sticky or tacky at all, get rid of it immediately, as they will fail without warning. If the handle is not sticky, then it is probably one of the newer ones and is fine as Hercules re-engineered the formula for the plastics so this is no longer an issue.