• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

What does Swietenia macrophylla and Dalbergia Latifolia mean?

Morgan24

On some of the 59th 60th anniversary the guitars are labelled Sweitenia Macrophylla body and neck and Dalbergia Latifolia fretboard? I thougt all the Customshop were made of these woods? What does it mean?

El Gringo

The first part means Mahogany, and the second part means Indian Rosewood .

axeman565758

On some of the 59th 60th anniversary the guitars are labelled Sweitenia Macrophylla body and neck and Dalbergia Latifolia fretboard? I thougt all the Customshop were made of these woods? What does it mean?

where was this "labeled"?

corpse

Pretty certain it is to address tight species-specific restrictions on imports.

Wound_Up

I don't understand? Did you not believe Thomann's? All of the info is provided on their website and they wouldnt lie about it. So I don't understand the need to 2nd guess it. Plus googling those wouldve confirmed what you already knew and what was on their website: it's mahogany and rosewood. :hmm

Morgan24

I don't understand? Did you not believe Thomann's? All of the info is provided on their website and they wouldnt lie about it. So I don't understand the need to 2nd guess it. Plus googling those wouldve confirmed what you already knew and what was on their website: it's mahogany and rosewood. :hmm
Thank you for the nice reply. The reason I ask is because they only use these terms on two out of ten anniversary models.

Brek

So are we to read into this that they are not using South American mahogany on the others? Or is it simply inconsistent product descriptions on the part of Thomanns?

Morgan24

So are we to read into this that they are not using South American mahogany on the others? Or is it simply inconsistent product descriptions on the part of Thomanns?
That is a good question!!

renderit

I believe you SMOKE IT...

I swear. Some of youse guys want to "do it" with anything...