• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Does this look legit ? Asking before buying !

tjocus

Ive got a local guy selling a few guitars.. One of them is the LP attached in the photos. Seller claims to have inherited it and doesnt know its history. Something seems a bit off to me. Serial comes up as 2005 but here are my concerns..... the Gibson Custom logo on the back of head stock is odd, cant find similar online anywhere, the logo Im finding online says custom shop and creates sort of a circle. another concern is the serial number font and size. also the truss rod cover screw locations just seem misplaced. Am I looking too hard for issue's on this one? What do you guys think? The pressure is on and he's wanting to move fast but Im looking for opinions.... THANK YOU in advance!!!
gibsonLP_2005_1.jpggibsonLP_2005_2.jpggibsonLP_2005_3.jpggibsonLP_2005_4.jpg

VamboRool

The split diamond on the headstock looks too small. Open up the control cavity and look at the pots. Gibson uses full size pots, sometimes the imports don't. Does it look like a Gibson wiring job? Go to Guitar Center or Sam Ash and look at a new Gibson just to refresh your memory what a real Gibson looks like.

AA00475Bassman

With the Gibson Custom on the back of headstock CS should also be precede serial # .

tjocus

Thank you guys, I will pass on this one. The seller also has a 79' "The Paul" which I truly believe is the real deal.. Im always hesitant though when people have fakes among their collection so Im probably walking away from the whole deal. Was making a package offer on both guitars. THANKS AGAIN !!

Reddart

If that was made at Gibson, it has clearly taken the short bus through the manufacturing line.

Drayve85

The TOM bridge is import too. It has the the adjustment screws, instead of using the thumb wheels.