• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD Zemaitis Custom Shop

rockabilly69

I got this new CS22MF DCP NT Zemaitis a while back, and I've been loving it. I already own 4 other Zemaitis guitar, all production models, but this one has that extra little custom shop love built into it. These are small shop guitars built by only three guys. The fretwork is absolutely perfect, the fretboard is some seriously smooth dark ebony, and the shape of the neck is the perfect medium C that fits my hand perfectly. The finish of the guitar is a very thin lacquer that is has been knocked back a bit to almost a satin sheen. The tuners are Gotoh 510, and all the electronics are CTS, Spraque, and Switchcraft. I replaced the stock Zemaitis Dragon pickups with Tyson Tone Labs Precious and Grace models. They sound great in this guitar. I also swapped the stock chrome knobs for some stainless steel knobs made by 490 Designs in Arizona, and the aluminum switchtip is from Armadillo Guitar Parts out of Texas.

I98cwWb.jpg

UWOQE4c.jpg

Lbrkgay.jpg

LnqMod7.jpg

80SgCkf.jpg

Nick-O

I love the appearance of these...never played one. I think I tried to trade my amp to you for it on another site! hahahaha....the amp sold same day I listed it on Reverb but didn't leave me enough to offer up. Love to hear it with those Tyson's...gotta clip on YT or anything?

GreenBurst

Nice! Congratulations.

These are awesome guitars. I have a first gen from '05 that I've been jamming heavily for the past 13 years. It's that or an LP 90% of the time.

More LP fans should check them out.

rockabilly69

I love the appearance of these...never played one. I think I tried to trade my amp to you for it on another site! hahahaha....the amp sold same day I listed it on Reverb but didn't leave me enough to offer up. Love to hear it with those Tyson's...gotta clip on YT or anything?

No Nick, the one I'm selling is the production 22 fret version, which I pulled the Tysons out of, and then put some custom shop Zemaitis/DiMarzio DP103s into. Notice the slightly different body shape of the 24 fret version, and it has a satin open pore finish, while the custom shop is lacquer. The reason I didn't trade for your amp is because I'm trying to recoup some money to help offset the cost of the custom shop model :)
I will make a clip for you with the DiMarzios because they took me by surprise and sound great. Funny thing, they didn't sound good in the Zematis that I pulled them out of it!

hV3QVBh.jpg

check out the rounded heal and open pore finish...

F4HTDxI.jpg

Last edited:

rockabilly69

Congratulations, they really are a work of art.:salude
Thank You!

Look at that straight grain on the back!
The guy from Zemaitis has always picked the ones with the best weight and grain for me!

Nice! Congratulations.

These are awesome guitars. I have a first gen from '05 that I've been jamming heavily for the past 13 years. It's that or an LP 90% of the time.

More LP fans should check them out.

The Gen ones were great, I can see why you love it! I have a first gen Greco Zemaitis which as you probably know is the production model. It's A Disctop and it was totally rewired by Tom Short. It is KILLER, I call it The Machine!!!

kKvPOx2.jpg

Nick-O

Nothing bests a knowledgeable owner and a look at the finer details. I would still have done the deal though, ignorance is bliss! I always here Ron Wood in my head when I think of these....really looking forward to hearing it my friend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP4CEPaiAzU

rockabilly69

Nothing bests a knowledgeable owner and a look at the finer details. I would still have done the deal though, ignorance is bliss! I always here Ron Wood in my head when I think of these....really looking forward to hearing it my friend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP4CEPaiAzU

That clip is one of my favorites, notice his guitar in that clip is a 23 fretert like the one I'm selling. But the extra knobs on the guitar are a built in germanium boost which Zemaitis did quite frankly. I'm actually putting a germanium circuit in one of my other ones :)

I love that guitar in this clip...

Nick-O

I read about the boost he had in that one. I didn't notice the 23 fret neck....but that sound is unmistakable!

rockabilly69

Thanks for posting.

Yeah, one of my faves as well, James played some really cool guitars.

Always loved the look of this one

james-honeymanscott-performs-with-the-pretenders-at-the-heatwave-at-picture-id112658728

That one does look really cool! So now I know he had at least three of them!!! I really love these Zematis guitars. I currently have 5 of them, and all of them are modded to suit the tones I like (Faces are my favorite). Tony used all kind of pickups, many supplied by the buyers of his guitars, so in his spirit I mod mine with my favorite pickups. The pickups that really took me by surprise in one of these are called MR200SB which are DeArmond types. I put them in this guitar...

nYsGUt7.jpg

Check out the vintage tone it gets...

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/zemaitis-lick

Last edited:

65Firebird

That one does look really cool! So now I know he had at least three of them!!! I really love these Zematis guitars. I currently have 5 of them, and all of them are modded to suit the tones I like (Faces are my favorite). Tony used all kind of pickups, many supplied by the buyers of his guitars, so in his spirit I mod mine with my favorite pickups. The pcikups that really took me by surprise in one of these ar acalled MR200SB which are DeArmond types. I put them in this guitar...

nYsGUt7.jpg

Check out the vintage tone it gets...

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/zemaitis-lick

Sounds great, it's got some spank!

Would love to get a Zemaitis, we don't see to many in Australia.