• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Does this 1967 pick up look like it was opened before?

luizhmax

This Pat# is from a 1967 ES-355. Does it look to have been opened before and re-soldered or it's never been tempered with? What do you think? Thanks
It's the bridge pick up and it measures 7,46k. Looks like a Pre T-top to me but the resistance is typical of a T-top.

https://ibb.co/C95Wtj8

Last edited:

AA00475Bassman

My unprofessional opinion is untouched !

Disclaimer : I'm not as good as yesterday , Still hope for tomorrow !!!

garywright

my “guess” from a photo is unopened..although seems like a larger than norm amount of solder/flux used ..cover edges don’t seemed to have been pried wider which is usually the case when someone pops the top ..not saying it couldn’t been sliced perfectly with a razor blade then re-soldered...the pup cavity looks hacked for a humbucker...what’s up with that ?

latestarter

Nothing wrong with the TTop or the cavity. The cavity hasn’t got colour on the sides which is fine, and 355’s have a waffled maple looking route....looks just like my old one. Play it with gusto!

garywright

The cavity hasn’t got colour on the sides which is fine
..ok, that’s what I was seeing ..the lack of cherry finish on the tops pickup cut..not the waffle maple below ...at first glance it looked hacked