• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Played The Adam Jones 1979 Les Paul Aged & Signed Custom Today And It Was Killer

GreenBurst

Re: Played The Adam Jones 1979 Les Paul Aged & Signed Custom Today And It Was Killer

Maybe your the one missing the point of some of the posts , the negative response is not defined by musical taste .

Let's if this gets accepted this time. Not sure why a post is held back...

Yes, I do understand. Some people don't want to spend $18k on a custom shop guitar regardless of the associated artist.

But there are others that do. Their enthusiasm is energized by the musician, artist, music that is being celebrated.

Just like when Page's #1 was released in '04. Many people were excited to buy one, many were turned off by the pricing.

The interesting discussion here isn't about the artist or the music. It's that the cost to make the CS LP guitar, whether it's
an aged R9, a collectors choice, or a CS Norlin version is about the same. The asking price is independent and driven by the demand and supply. More popluar artists (ie Page) have a higher limited edition amount. Other artists (Adam Jones) have less. But the prices are both high as hardcore fans will pony up.

Definitely not for everyone. But special for the hardcore fan.

To each his own.

GreenBurst

Re: Played The Adam Jones 1979 Les Paul Aged & Signed Custom Today And It Was Killer

Regarding post #12.

Yes, I do understand. Some people don't want to spend $18k on a custom shop guitar regardless of the associated artist.

But there are others that do. Their enthusiasm is energized by the musician, artist, music that is being celebrated.

Just like when Page's #1 was released in '04. Many people were excited to buy one, many were turned off by the pricing.

The interesting discussion here isn't about the artist or the music. It's that the cost to make the CS LP guitar, whether it's
an aged R9, a collectors choice, or a CS Norlin version is about the same. The asking price is independent and driven by the demand and supply. More popluar artists (ie Page) have a higher limited edition amount. Other artists (Adam Jones) have less. But the prices are both high as hardcore fans will pony up.

Definitely not for everyone. But special for the hardcore fan.

To each his own.

Last edited:

Tommy Tourbus

Is anyone commenting on the price aware of Tool, or ever listened to their songs?

LOL, why is that relevant? It's a dumb price regardless

sws1

why is this guitar listed on Gibson website for 10K and now the price is 18 K ?? please enlighten a fool such as I ..

Because this one is signed. And some people value that.

deytookerjaabs

Although the forum has been a very boring place as of late ! This thread is welcomed by many ! Now to deal with your SNIDE comments ,1. Being a business owner for 35+ years
I understand & have practiced BUSINESS 101 . 2. I really think you as many others missed the point on some posts injecting your UNAPT answers as usual !

:hee

Snide? I'm not injecting anything, your first damn post was making sure everyone knew that the guitar is a rip off because you're too smart to pay that much for it, lol.

I'm just pointing out that there's this market out there for the fanfare and enough of that market has the dough to pony up. It's not snide, it's just reality. IMO, Gibson could probably be making more limited series builds with equal or higher price tags as long as there's a story to go with it.

AA00475Bassman

:hee

Snide? I'm not injecting anything, your first damn post was making sure everyone knew that the guitar is a rip off because you're too smart to pay that much for it, lol.

I'm just pointing out that there's this market out there for the fanfare and enough of that market has the dough to pony up. It's not snide, it's just reality. IMO, Gibson could probably be making more limited series builds with equal or higher price tags as long as there's a story to go with it.
Never said rip off nothing is being misrepresented on the sale of this guitar that I know of . You are reading between the lines of my post how you evolve in your mind I'm to smart to pay that much with any comments I made . Have a great rest of the year .

El Gringo

Never said rip off nothing is being misrepresented on the sale of this guitar that I know of . You are reading between the lines of my post how you evolve in your mind I'm to smart to pay that much with any comments I made . Have a great rest of the year .
Way back when i was a young whipper snapper and i would have my Gibson Les Paul Custom serviced they would give me a loaner that was a Silverburst and it was a nice guitar . Then Gibson Custom a few years back start offering the Silverburst which is nice and there are more affordable choices out there , such as a vintage late 70's or the recent Gibson Custom's . As much as i love Jimmy Page , there is no way i would buy one of his signed models as it's too expensive and the way i value these things i think for that amount of treasure i could purchase multiple Les Paul's , which would be my first choice . While we are on the subject the Slash signed Gibson's are to rich for my blood as well and i am a fan of his as well .

paviocurto

The prices direct from dealers were $10K for the signed, $6K for the VOS, at least in the US. Anything beyond that is not Gibson.

lure555

Swirling Vortex of Sound, Classic Club

It's probably best to consider these signature models as pieces of art and not just plain ol' guitars. I doubt that anyone forking out this kind of money is gigging with them.

rockabilly69

Is anyone commenting on the price aware of Tool, or ever listened to their songs?
good band. but there are so many details wrong about this reissue who cares!