• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

"New" Guitar Day - 2013 Trad Pro II

wexoyosi

Got this from an online deal, thought the color looked cool and I've wanted another Les Paul for a while. The coil split feature and the finish were enough to interest me even though I wasn't very familiar with this model. The finish is hard to pick up on camera and I can see why it wasn't a popular one but I really like it, somewhere between a silver and gold top. It reminds me a lot of the old silver Les Pauls from the '80s after they yellow a little.

Although it's used, there are really no scratches or marks to be found and in fact the plastic was still on the control cavity plate. The 57 classics sound awesome as expected and I really like the coil split and boost features. It's really cool to have a LP with a few extra bells and whistles since my others all have standard wiring.

If anybody has experiences with this model feel free to chime in, for example I'm curious how the electronics hold up since it would be a little more tricky to repair them than on a standard Les Paul. I have a ton of spare parts and I'm considering trying black plastics and a chrome cover on the neck pickup but for now, the pics!

pxl_20201029_200430073-2-jpg.496890

pxl_20201029_200952631-2-jpg.496891

pxl_20201029_200435364-2-jpg.496892

pxl_20201029_200445687-2-jpg.496893

Last edited:

wmachine

Congrats! The Trad Pros are a series of GC/MR models that are really solid performers at better than average prices. They all have what I'd call "advanced features" on them like coil splits, etc. They seem to fly under the radar a bit, but are quite well received by most that have them, including me. I have a 2015 Trad Pro 3T, and I really like it a lot. Almost all of them have slim 60s necks, so that can limit appeal to some, but it works for me.