• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Rewinding a Pickup - Any Recommendations?

gahubbard

I have a "Speed Bump" pickup from a 1962 Silvertone 1445 that needs to be rewound. It's one of these in the photo. Does anyone have a person/place they have used before and recommend?

Johnny Bom Bonny

I think James at ReWind would do a good job of this. Many people can rewind a pickup, but not all of them will get it sounding close to how it sounded before.

Since this is an unusual pickup and you have more than one of them, perhaps you could send whoever does the rewind an extra pickup so they'll have something to take measurements from and make sure that the rewind sounds the same as the others.

Last edited:

gahubbard

I think James at ReWind would do a good job of this. Many people can rewind a pickup, but not all of them will get it sounding close to how it sounded before.

Since this is an unusual pickup and you have more than one of them, perhaps you could send whoever does the rewind an extra pickup so they'll have something to take measurements from and make sure that the rewind sounds the same as the others.

I appreciate the recommendation. I found their website and will email them to see what we can arrange. Thanks!