• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Bad Reverb seller and no support from Reverb

Ianashdown

I recently purchased a used but ‘Excellent condition’, Electro Harmonix Good Vibes pedal. I paid about the market price for this pedal used.

When it arrived there was no power supply, so I messaged the seller. He responded that I should research the product I'm buying and just open the pedal and use a battery. Having previously done my research, I knew that this pedal is sold with a power supply and no facility to fit a battery. I informed the seller of this and also requested a refund with return shipping. The shipping cost was refused by the buyer and supported by Reverb. From the attitude of the buyer I now doubt I will ever receive a refund if I send the pedal back even at my own cost!

I fail to understand how an item can be classified as 'Excellent' when it is missing a necessary part. I should be able to unpack it, plug it in and use it right away! In my opinion this should have been listed as 'parts missing'.

Words of warning. If a power supply is not shown or specifically mentioned in an advert for a pedal, do not expect one to be included. Do not expect any support from Reverb. Do not expect any customer service from 'Synthetical Instruments'.

Ian

sputnik

The pedal you purchased did not mention a power supply in the description nor did it show one in the pictures. I don’t see how this is the sellers fault?

El Gringo

The pedal you purchased did not mention a power supply in the description nor did it show one in the pictures. I don’t see how this is the sellers fault?
I think the seller was deceptive , as he or she would surely know that it is in operable without the power supply if that is the case which i dont see a reason to not believe the buyer as he would surely know if it takes a 9 Volt battery . The bad is on the seller as far as the way i read this .

Ianashdown

Because it is part of the product sold by the manufacturer. Without the power supply it is missing parts and should be noted as such.

sputnik

Because it is part of the product sold by the manufacturer. Without the power supply it is missing parts and should be noted as such.

I get that it came with a power supply new. You didn’t buy it new though. If it showed it in the pictures, that’d be different. I don’t think the seller is at fault here. Just my opinion.

Ianashdown

I get that it came with a power supply new. You didn’t buy it new though. If it showed it in the pictures, that’d be different. I don’t think the seller is at fault here. Just my opinion.

how can you describe it as ‘working great’ without the power supply?

Texas Blues

These days it seems.

I have more power supplies laying around than pedals.

I myself wouldn't be disappointed.

Don't sweat it.

Voodoo Lab is your friend.

bern1

I get it seller “not technically at fault” because the power supply wasn’t in the picture. Screw him. Still a misleading ad. What does it cost to state that the power supply is missing, and give the voltage, show the connector, etc. Say what you about eBay and I don’t like it either, but it’s better as a buyer on that platform.

thin sissy

I get it seller “not technically at fault” because the power supply wasn’t in the picture. Screw him. Still a misleading ad. What does it cost to state that the power supply is missing, and give the voltage, show the connector, etc. Say what you about eBay and I don’t like it either, but it’s better as a buyer on that platform.
Yeah. I think "how would I have written in the the ad if I was the seller"? I would state that the power supply is missing, simple as that. For a robots logic, not including it in the pic might be enough. But that shouldn't be the norm IMHO. :laugh2:

Reddart

I am quite the infrequent poster to this site so maybe I’m out of line, but why is this post in the Sunburst Pub?