• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2020 Les Paul Classic questions

samsamsam

Hey,

I recently bought a new classic straight from Gibson USA, and had a couple of questions;

- The tail stock is screwed all the way down, is this normal? Can it cause the saddles on the bridge to collapse? The strings are not touching the back of the bridge.

- The bridge is almost screwed fully down, I would not be able to lower the action at all on the high e string and only a little low e string. The action as it is now is good, but with very little room for any adjustment (lowering). Is this normal?

- How does the Gibson warranty work? I bought it outside of the USA does it still apply?

Thanks,
Sam

El Gringo

Hey,

I recently bought a new classic straight from Gibson USA, and had a couple of questions;

- The tail stock is screwed all the way down, is this normal? Can it cause the saddles on the bridge to collapse? The strings are not touching the back of the bridge.

- The bridge is almost screwed fully down, I would not be able to lower the action at all on the high e string and only a little low e string. The action as it is now is good, but with very little room for any adjustment (lowering). Is this normal?

- How does the Gibson warranty work? I bought it outside of the USA does it still apply?

Thanks,
Sam
Greetings , there is nothing wrong with having the bridge or the tailpiece fully down . What you may want to do is to take the guitar to your guitar tech of choice and get the instrument set up to your specs and liking .