• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

RIP-Spencer Davis

VamboRool

Was saddened to learn of his passing. Met him at the NAMM Show a couple of years ago and he was the nicest guy you could imagine. Talked with a few friends that had also conversed with him and they all said the same thing. Smart guy as he hired Steve Winwood. Funny story on how the Spencer Davis Group got its name, look it up.

Last edited:

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Smart guy as he hired Steve Winwood. Funny story on how the Spencer Davis Group got its name, look it up.

I did!

Muff [Winwood]: "Blackwell wanted to call us the Vipers or the Crawling Snakes or some outlandish thing. Spencer was the only one who enjoyed doing interviews, so I pointed out that if we called it the Spencer Davis Group, the rest of us could stay in bed and let him do them."

:dude::dude::dude::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

brandtkronholm

Another loss. :dang

I couldn't find the original version of "Gimmie Some Lovin'" at home on CD to play at home so I went with Traffic's live version.

Last edited: