• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Value of "Later Series" Dec. 1969 Les Paul Custom?

jonnyglock9

I have the opportunity to buy a December 1969 black Les Paul Custom. Serial number 893XXX. It has the pancake body and neck volute, but no "Made in USA" stamp.

It is all original, original case, in pretty good condition. I've played it, and it plays really nicely. Very strong, resonant tone.

What would you place the value of this guitar at?

(I've been using this website as my main reference point: http://www.latesixtieslespauls.com/later.asp, but there's not too much info about value.)

fernieite

Sorry, no idea what the current value is. Maybe check recent sold items on reverb, ebay and gbase?

Last edited:

Grog

I just received the new VG Price Guide in the mail yesterday. They list a 1969, 3 piece body at $7,000/$9,300. In 1970, it drops to $3,400/$5,800. If yours is Dec 1969, it could be huge vs a month later. This value along with keeping an eye on what guitars actually sell for on eBay and Reverb gives you a pretty good idea what it should sell for.

Reactions: Sol

Progrocker111

These are great guitars, still with nearly same specs as mid 69s. 6-10k is their range, depends on condition.