• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Who got Greg Martin's 1964 SG from Mark's Guitar Loft?

blauserk

Damn. I made the mistake of not checking Mark Bishop's site for like 5 days and Greg Martin's 1964 SG came and went . . . and for a pretty good price, too. I figure the odds are good someone here got it. Fess up!

marshall1987

Damn. I made the mistake of not checking Mark Bishop's site for like 5 days and Greg Martin's 1964 SG came and went . . . and for a pretty good price, too. I figure the odds are good someone here got it. Fess up!

Yeah I saw that listing too. One of the cleanest '64 SGs I've seen in a long time. Near collector grade IMO. I noted just one minor "concern"; i.e., the last two digits of the date code on the neck P/U tone pot were tampered with, or scratched out. Why would anyone tamper with the date code on a tone pot?:rolleyes:

blauserk

Good eye. Wonder if it was someone removing a solder blob to make sure it was jake?

Wish I didn't have to host the photo before I could post it here. Enlarged, it kinda looks like 1965 date code!

Last edited: