• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul Modern or ES-339 Figured?

Grothmog

Hello, for my 30th birthday I decided to buy myself electric guitar. With wife we decided on gibson and narrowed it down to two models: Les Paul Modern and ES-339 Figured. I'm looking for some advice of persons having actual experience with them as I have no prior experience with guitars. Both are stunning and have beautifull tone. My music genre is mostly rock/metal (RHCP, Metallica, AC/DC, Dio, Electric Wizard, Orange Goblin, Manowar). For amplifier I have decided on Marshall Studio SC20C. Guitar will be only played at home.

Thanks
Grothmog

El Gringo

Hello, for my 30th birthday I decided to buy myself electric guitar. With wife we decided on gibson and narrowed it down to two models: Les Paul Modern and ES-339 Figured. I'm looking for some advice of persons having actual experience with them as I have no prior experience with guitars. Both are stunning and have beautifull tone. My music genre is mostly rock/metal (RHCP, Metallica, AC/DC, Dio, Electric Wizard, Orange Goblin, Manowar). For amplifier I have decided on Marshall Studio SC20C. Guitar will be only played at home.

Thanks
Grothmog
Easy answer based on your amp i would go for the Les Paul into a Marshall as that is a winning combo . Best Wishes !

Icandrive55

For your taste in music, I would lean towards the Les Paul as well. I would highly recommend you bring a friend or someone experienced with guitars to try some out. Unfortunately these days, a lot of guitars come from the factory with issues so you want to find one that plays well and doesn't have major defects.