• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Replacement pick guard needed for a 64 firebird... does anyone make these?

crlong

I have a reverse 64 firebird iii and the pick guard has shrunk a fair amount. I tried an off the shelf Gibson replacement, but every one that I have tried has holes that don't line up with the screws on my 64. I tried one of these (http://www.montreuxguitars.com/us/datalist/selectGoods.php?code=1072) and it didn't fit either. I also asked them about getting a pick guard without holes drilled so I could attempt to drill them myself and they said they dont offer that option.

Is there anyone who could make a custom, vintage-correct pick guard for me? Is there any chance Gibson would do this, even though I know it wouldn't be cheap.

Thanks in advance for the help.

EdmundGTP

When nothing off-the-shelf will work, Dan at Mojoaxe is the man when it comes to getting custom or peculiar plastics cut. He's more than willing to tweak his patterns via template exchange to make sure what you get will 100% fit your guitar.

fender69

When nothing off-the-shelf will work, Dan at Mojoaxe is the man when it comes to getting custom or peculiar plastics cut. He's more than willing to tweak his patterns via template exchange to make sure what you get will 100% fit your guitar.

Couldn't agree more!