• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Can you help?

Spudvader

Hey folks,

So I've got a Gibson Les Paul Custom 2004 which I've had for about a year or so, it showed natural wear for a guitar of its age when I bought it, split binding from fret sprout, finish wear along the binding of the neck, the usual nicks and dings on a black guitar. Since I've had it, it looks like I've manged to wear away the finish on the top and expose some sort of a flaw. It kinda looks like gold sparkle without the sparklie goodness or sawdust trapped in the finish.

Anywho, I can't feel it, so it's purely esthetic, just wondering what the deal is. Didn't think you could wear through a Gibson finish so fast?

P.S. The light on a couple of the images make it look worst than what it is, also don't know how that red guitar got there...honest :hmm

cheers

Attachments

• 20201011_160243.jpg
    20201011_160243.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 20191105_131243(0).jpg
    20191105_131243(0).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20201011_160252.jpg
    20201011_160252.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20201015_104331.jpg
    20201015_104331.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20201015_104340.jpg
    20201015_104340.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 39

El Gringo

I would not worry about it as it is really not that visible to have to repair and really only looks like natural wear and that is very normal . I have seen far worse and it is really minimal . Play her and enjoy her in good health !

Spudvader

I would not worry about it as it is really not that visible to have to repair and really only looks like natural wear and that is very normal . I have seen far worse and it is really minimal . Play her and enjoy her in good health !

I'm not bothered about how it looks, just wondered what it was.
I thought it was a bit fast for me to go through the finish.

Thanks for your reply :dude:

El Gringo

I'm not bothered about how it looks, just wondered what it was.
I thought it was a bit fast for me to go through the finish.

Thanks for your reply :dude:
Looking at the first photo again i think it might be from a bracelet or some type of Jewelry worn on the right hand that made those marks . That would be my guess .

Drayve85

It must be a flaw, pity on such a beautiful guitar. The upside is that I will dispose of it for you, FOR FREE! Good deal...you should take it!lol jk I wouldn’t worry about it atm. Maybe later on with more natural wear, IF it looks unnatural, then possibly worry about it. But, even worst case scenario, having a factory repurposed goldtop turned into a black custom would be pretty unique, and cool, I think! I truly doubt that’s what it is though! Awesome looking guitar tho!

P.S. I’ve already reported this thread, because you can’t say the “F” word or have a picture of the “F” word on this forum!!!:laugh2:

Spudvader

It must be a flaw, pity on such a beautiful guitar. The upside is that I will dispose of it for you, FOR FREE! Good deal...you should take it!

This is why I come on here, folk are just so nice :laugh2:.

I'm not really a treat it nice kinda fella, as long as the neck isn't all dented then am a pretty happy chappy :biggrin:

El Gringo

It must be a flaw, pity on such a beautiful guitar. The upside is that I will dispose of it for you, FOR FREE! Good deal...you should take it!lol jk I wouldn’t worry about it atm. Maybe later on with more natural wear, IF it looks unnatural, then possibly worry about it. But, even worst case scenario, having a factory repurposed goldtop turned into a black custom would be pretty unique, and cool, I think! I truly doubt that’s what it is though! Awesome looking guitar tho!

P.S. I’ve already reported this thread, because you can’t say the “F” word or have a picture of the “F” word on this forum!!!:laugh2:
Ha Ha , i had to look a second time to get it about the dreaded "F" . :laugh2: