• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

PAF for my Ibanez AR300 MIJ?

Fhede

I really enjoy the SD Ant and the Seth Lover in my LP Classic.
But I tried the Seth Lover in my AR300, they were almost great, I feel a lack of lowend (Note that the AR300 neck is made of maple/ebony instead of Mahogany/rosewood of the LP Classic one).
I think that the Ant are really cool, but they aren't splitable, I prefere a splitable PUs in order to take advantage of the Switches of the AR300.
I will try the Duke of Klein that are hybrid between a P.A.F and T-Tops, they sound really great.
Do you have any other suggestion?
Thanks!

Señor Verde

I had an '86 Ibanez AR300 and should have kept the original pickups in it. They are great. However, being young at the time and hot pickups were popular, I put a set of Duncan JB/59 in and did enjoy them. If I still had the guitar and not the original pickups, I'd try a set of Wolfetone Legends. You can order them with 4 conductor wires.

How about a pic of the guitar?

El Gringo

I wonder if ThroBak might be the pickup for you ? I have 8 sets of the ThroBak MXV-SLE-101 Plus pickups and they are great and rock really good with A5 Magnets and are wax potted which i requested . Check them out - www.throbak.com

Fhede

I had an '86 Ibanez AR300 and should have kept the original pickups in it. They are great. However, being young at the time and hot pickups were popular, I put a set of Duncan JB/59 in and did enjoy them. If I still had the guitar and not the original pickups, I'd try a set of Wolfetone Legends. You can order them with 4 conductor wires.

How about a pic of the guitar?

Hi Señor Verde! Mine is '80, and I bought it with JB/59! What a coincidence! and as you said, too modern, compressed IMHO. Unfortunatelly, I haven't tried the stock pickups

I will take a look in the Wolfetone Legends. Thanks!

Pics!

file.php

file.php

file.php

Señor Verde

Cool guitar! Mine was an '86 tobacco burst finish and the bridge/tailpiece were different. I couldn't get along with the slim-taper neck and the guitar was really heavy. I had it in to a couple hughly regarded Luthier/Repair people for adjustments etc and they both commented on what a great guitar it was. I'm sure yours is equally good.

Fhede

Cool guitar! Mine was an '86 tobacco burst finish and the bridge/tailpiece were different. I couldn't get along with the slim-taper neck and the guitar was really heavy. I had it in to a couple hughly regarded Luthier/Repair people for adjustments etc and they both commented on what a great guitar it was. I'm sure yours is equally good.

I personally love the guitar, I cannot be objective with this guitar.
I think it is a great guitar, the neck is thin, I will like it would be a little more chunky, I have to adjust the truss rod from time to time, humidity affects it. The weight is 10 pounds / 4,5 kilograms.
I found its tone as a mix between a Gibson LP and a Telecaster... more high end, less low end ( and mids too).