• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Odd 2019 Satin ES-339 Question

bobalu

Hello all,

Does anyone know when Gibson actually stopped production at their Memphis factory? I understand the lease expired at the end of April 2019(?)

I have a 2019 Satin Black ES-339 that I bought new that has some odd features and is inconsistent with the 2019 models everyone seemed to be carrying, including what was posted on my guitar shops web site.

Specifically:

- it has small block inlays, not dot.
- it does not have a black painted interior
- it has gold reflector knobs, not black
-it has a white-ish rectangle Gibson 2019 sticker inside, not the usual orange coloured Gibson Memphis oval one.

The store confirmed to me that what I bought is what came from Gibson (i.e. they made no changes/upgrades at all to the guitar).

The serial number dates it to April 11, 2019. Was production moved to Nashville by then? It just seems like I got a "transition" model when things were moving from Memphis to Nashville.

I am assuming that this was one of the first batch of "Memphis" guitars made at the relocated Nashville plant. Am I off base here?

Not complaining, just trying to figure out what exactly I have here spec wise.

Last edited: