• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Gibson ES- 335 Satin Vintage Burst, Need Pickup Recommendations

Mike Manhost

Just bought a 335 and am in love, formally a Fender and Strat player.
I've heard people aren't crazy with the T-Type pickups that came with them.

Just curious what are some of the replacements people recommend. I love the look and feel of the guitar, now just want to make sure I'm getting the best sounds out of it. Appreciative for any suggestions from more informed owners, thanks.

This is my first foray into a humbucker eclectic acoustic guitar, really mostly a Fender user, so real ignorant on other options. I bought the guitar because I fell in love with the look and feel, just want to make sure I'm getting the best sound, and need to educate myself.

Last edited:

Señor Verde

I've tried a lot of PAF clones and non-PAF clones. Both my ES-335 guitars have Wolfetone Legends. They just sound right to me in those guitars.

Guitar Whiskey

Depends on what tone you are going after. If it's vintage; aka Cream era I'd go with Duncan Antiquities for best bang for buck. Throbaks are good as well as Burstbuckers. Study threads on this based on your preference.