• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1977 gibson rd artist value?

frenchphil

hi everyone

i m considering a 1977 rd artist in natural finish, all stock with ohsc, looking great , and the guy is asking 2600 dollars for it.

i know nothing about the value of these guitars used, so can someone help me?

thanks a lot

VamboRool

Get a copy of "The Vintage Guitar Price Guide", check Ebay for sold items in the "Advance" section, also check reverb.com in their sold section, gbase.com may also have a similar section, check to see what dealers are asking. The value of a guitar will vary greatly by condition, repairs, mods, etc.

Grog

The 2020 VG Price guide (which is soon to be updated) lists it as $1,575 (low) to $2,075 (high). This is probably a bit low. They likely sell somewhere between this & the typical higher asking price.

frenchphil

The 2020 VG Price guide (which is soon to be updated) lists it as $1,575 (low) to $2,075 (high). This is probably a bit low. They likely sell somewhere between this & the typical higher asking price.

thank you!

Grog

I bought these quite a few years ago. They are unique & have been slowly going up in value.... The '77 has a 25.5" scale neck, after that they went back to a 24.75" scale length.

4gKt55zm.jpg