• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD - Joe Perry Aged and Signed nb 38

Torshalla

Hi guys,

Earlier this year I started looking for a Slash AFD Custom shop guitar... At that time there were none in Europe at a reasonable price so I tried other Custom shop guitars:
- a Slash Piezo Custom shop: really great guitar, pretty much an R8 with a slim neck and the added Piezo... really liked it but the neck was a bit on the thin side for me. Ended up selling it
- a Joe Perry 59 VOS: amazing guitar... became my favourite guitar until this latest acquisition. The neck feels great, very playable, love the tone and lower output pups, they sound great through vintage Marshal profiles on my Kemper... really fell in love with that guitar and I still have it
- a Slash 58 first standard VOS: also really great guitar... I do like the neck as much as the JP59 neck, sounds amazing too... though for some reason I barely take it out of its case as I am stuck on the JP59. Nothing wrong with it at all, great guitar, but I just prefer the Perry and it may just be down to looks to be honest. I may sell it later... not decided yet
- a Slash AFD VOS as a friend was selling his... and I love it. The neck is actually deeper than both the R9 and the R8 and feels great too (not actually sure what I prefer haha). Sounds amazing too... It has been played a lot and has gently aged... which suits it perfectly. A keeper for sure. Though somehow I realised I just prefer the JP59 as an overall package (tone and looks as playability is at the same level)
- and finally... after having tried all these guitars, and really having my heart set the Perry... the opportunity came up to acquire an aged and signed Joe Perry. I did not hesitate long and here she is. A true work of art. To be honest the neck is pretty much similar to the VOS version (apart from the missing nitro), which makes it perfect as the profile remains the same but it feels smoother. The tone is very similar, meaning great to my ears. And the looks are just incredible. Tom Murphy did a fantastic job. Here are some pics. I am still in honeymoon phase I guess but having had the JP59 VOS for a few months now I still love it just as much, so I am pretty sure it will be same for this one too :)

Attachments

• IMG_6058.jpg
    IMG_6058.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6056.jpg
    IMG_6056.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6082.jpg
    IMG_6082.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6055.jpg
    IMG_6055.jpg