• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Joe Bonamassa Black Beauty Les Paul Custom

viper007

Yes, i know it's not i Gibson :##

Sounds still great..:dude:

RaveOnEd

I really want one of these! Anyone know how the prior Bonamassa reissues have been?

troyad

I would like to preface by stating I am NOT a fanboy. That being said....

I've had the gibson bonamassa 335, both color firebirds, the V and the wah and I have to say, they've all been pretty outstanding.

RaveOnEd

I would like to preface by stating I am NOT a fanboy. That being said....

I've had the gibson bonamassa 335, both color firebirds, the V and the wah and I have to say, they've all been pretty outstanding.
I'm not a fanboy either, so I appreciate your opinion on this! Seeing the editions that have come out before, as well as Bonamassa's outlook that players should have access to some good guitars for not a ton of money, I've really liked what's come out before.

But I've always liked the Black Beautys.

I may just go for this one, since I have a little money to spend on something like this.

cincyguitar

These new Epiphones sure are well made...I just bought an Epi Firebird...and it plays and sounds better than my Gibsons... :yah

RaveOnEd

These new Epiphones sure are well made...I just bought an Epi Firebird...and it plays and sounds better than my Gibsons... :yah
I've tried some of the newer Epis recently, and you are spot on! I'm loving what's been coming out. This one just kind of spoke to me seeing it online and watching the video with Bonamassa. It just has it, to me.

RaveOnEd

I've had a Bonamassa Epiphone Flying V "Amos". Really great guitar :dude:
Great! I'm glad to read that the previous issues have been great!

Got one of these on order! Ordered through Zzounds, since there I could pay it in monthly installments. On backorder, but hoping to get it soon!

Really looking forward to it, the more I read online and see new reviews on YouTube about it!

fender69

Yep. I bought an Epiphone Johnny A and really enjoy it. Very well made except for the Bigsby B700, which needs a little tweaking. Glad I got it when I could because they are discontinued.

Brent13

I received mine from Dave's Guitars a few days ago. Very happy with the quality, playability of this guitar. I had bought a couple of Epiphone guitars a few years ago and was not impressed . . . flipped both of them pretty quickly. I recently bought an "Amos" Flying V and now this LP Custom and both are fantastic guitars; fit, finish, sound. Quality on par with the Gibsons I have. I wasn't sure about the yellowed binding in the photos but in real life they look great. Pickups are pretty hot and sound great. Couple of things though . . . first time I went to plug in I couldn't believe how hard it was to insert my cable into the input jack; I was almost afraid I would break something. But it finally went in and it's loosening up a bit now. Secondly, I am little disappointed with the "textured" back plate and toggle switch covers they use. I know it's really minor but they are kinda cheesy. Anybody know where I can get a glossy backplate cover for an Epiphone LP? (Gibson backplates are slightly different size.)

workerunit

In the past I have had good luck ordering Epiphone control and pickup selector cavity covers on Ebay from vendors in China.

JazzMuzak

Epiphones and other inexpensive foreign-built guitars seem to have gotten MUCH better in the last ten years.

timsmcm

I absolutely love love love mine, and would probably sell a few of my gibsons before I sell my black beauty. It's that good. Did I happen to say I love mine.

timsmcm

I already know that I like these pickups for this guitar. They match the wood tone to a tee.. A few tweaks here and there. It is absolutely a beast. I will have to say it, I was a gibson snob I guess. But I will be pickin up way more epiphones when in guitar shops.

timsmcm

I have a 2003 r9 braz, 2004 r0 cherry, 2004 tonequest 54 gold top, 2007 r9 darkback tobacco, i believe a 2004 custom shop Korina single cut special 1 p90, 2006 59 es335 custom shop natural finish, 82 Korina modern, 81 gibson usg1,2007 r9 lemon top, gibson true vintage banner j45. The 2004 tonequest is the best sounding guitar i have. It is a great guitar and I will keep it for as long as I can. It has nothing on the bonamassa black beauty. In fact they sound a lot alike. The neck is way bigger on the tonequest, that is a true baseball bat. Also that Korina special is a good guitar also. I've have a lawsuit tokai lespaul reborn that also stands strong. I also have a greco lespaul custom black beauty bass from early 80s that is an outstanding guitar as well.