• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD! My first LP, 2016 Standard t

shakdang

Hi all,

I've been lurking around here for a while but never had anything to post. Finally, I've found my very first Gibson LP. It's a second hand 2016 standard t.

Technically this is my second LP, as I bought a brand new 2020 standard 60's in unburst .. but it just didn't feel like what I imagined Gibson LPs to be. It's difficult to explain but it just didn't do it for me. So after keeping it for about 7 days, it had to go back.

I've had this for about 4 months now and this is one is a keeper. I have already removed the covers off the pups. I might replace the PCB and hand wire the pots too .. depends how soon I become of tired of the burstbucker pros (they are fantastic btw).

My rather small hands appreciate the asymmetrical slim taper. Locking tuners are a bonus. Can't complain about the top either :)

Thank you all for educating me over the years and helping me find my first LP, cheers!

Torshalla

Congrats and happy NGD!
LPs are all so different to each other... you got to find the one(s) for you :)

JD Brown

I have the same model as well. I found a set of 498/490r quick connects on Reverb. Got them for a good price. I also found a guy selling the quick connect harnesses to adapt regular pickups. I can say the 490's woke this guitar up. I play through a Laney Ironheart with a Marshall single 12 cab loaded with Celestion EVH speaker.

Attachments

• 1D7CEF76-88D8-4189-934A-746F02F2C585.jpg
    1D7CEF76-88D8-4189-934A-746F02F2C585.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 7

shakdang

Congrats and happy NGD!
LPs are all so different to each other... you got to find the one(s) for you :)

Agreed. The 2020 Standard 60's had some QC issues as well. It looked as if someone took a really harsh sander/grinder on the high 'e' side of the neck around the 12th fret to blend the neck into the heel and gouged out a good 1/8th inch chunk out.

It was shaved so close to the fret that there wasn't even binding left for the nib and you could feel the sharp end of the fret at the 12th.

Anyways, I'm glad I found the right one in the end though :)

Edit: found some pictures that I sent the dealer to inform them about the issue

Last edited:

shakdang

Thank you, it has that 3d look to it even in regular lighting conditions.

Although if I'm honest, the looks were secondary to me .. this was a big investment for me and I just wanted to make sure I purchase the guitar that I would want to 'play' rather to just look at.

shakdang

I have the same model as well. I found a set of 498/490r quick connects on Reverb. Got them for a good price. I also found a guy selling the quick connect harnesses to adapt regular pickups. I can say the 490's woke this guitar up. I play through a Laney Ironheart with a Marshall single 12 cab loaded with Celestion EVH speaker.

Beautiful guitar! love the look of zebras too.

I've been looking around ebay for bargains. Not too worried about quick connect issue, :) in fact, I am one of those guys selling the adapters haha.

I'll keep an eye out for 498/490, cheers for the heads up! :salude