• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

FS: 2014 Factory Aged R9 Brock/DaPra Burst w/Creamtone upgrades, Wizz pickups- $5500

mthrunn

Hi everyone,

I’m putting this incredible and one-of-a-kind Les Paul on the market. The full description is in the reverb posting, but I thought I’d cite some excerpts here:

“This is a one-of-a-kind factory aged 2014 Gibson 1959 Les Paul R9 reissue that was specifically painted in the Brock/DaPra Burst colors (p.74 in the Beauty of the Burst- see below), and decked out with CreamTone LIX Patina Absolute Vintage parts and Wizz pickups, among other upgrades (fully detailed in the CreamTone COA that accompanies this guitar along with the standard Gibson COA).

Some of CreamTone’s upgrades include:

-CTS 500k ohm pots from the The Art of Tone (TAOT), with a true vintage 10% audio taper (not the phony 25% or 30% tapers that many aftermarket potentiometer makers claim to be ‘vintage’ Centralab specs- Centralabs C2s were 10% taper).
-Real vintage late '50s mylar Bumblebee Caps (NOT REISSUES!).

-CreamTone Absolute Vintage LIX Patina aged gold top hat knobs.

-CreamTone Absolute Vintage LIX Patina truss rod cover.
-CreamTone Absolute Vintage LIX Patina poker chip.
-CreamTone Absolute Vintage LIX Patina M-69 pickup rings.

-CreamTone Absolute Vintage LIX Patina pick guard.
-CreamTone Absolute Vintage raw cast aluminum tailpiece.

…and more (see photo of COA/Spec Sheet for complete list).

I bought it last year from Lonnie at CreamTone and it’s an exceptional guitar with quite a history. It was their 2019 NAMM showpiece R9, and is featured in the picture with the legendary Tom Murphy (see photos), who apparently seriously loved this guitar. It was also personally inspected by Vic DaPra, who gave it a big thumbs up!”

Here are a few pictures (yes, that’s Tom Murphy holding it!), but for more photos and info, see the Reverb listing.

Asking price for LPF members is $5500 shipped to your door.

Any questions, DM me!

https://reverb.com/item/35759051-gi...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=35759051