• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Jason Isbell plays his 1959 Burst

4string

Isbell's guitarist Sadler Vader joins @ 11:10
Fender 1960 Strat & Blackguard Tele demo starts @ 21:44
Les Paul & Blackguard Tele demo starts @ 28:09

Last edited:

C-4

This '59 is a magnificent guitar, but I didn't hear that hollow sound as I heard on Joe B's bursts, or other bursts that were posted here in video's.

If the guitar did in fact have that hollowness to it's sound, I totally missed it.

bern1

Beautiful guitar. Sounds right as rain. Probably hard to hear hollowness when he’s got it turned all the way up and going for a Page sound. I didn’t listen to all of it.

janalex

Yeah I'm not sure diming every knob on a Super Lead is the ideal setting for a LP. More so for a Strat. Still sounds great but you don't need all that bass when going for Page and with higher output PAFs don't need all that gain either. Just my 2 cents.

Dr Mike

Killer demo of pure tone from a pure player who is extremely passionate about tone and truth!!
Thank you Jason and Red Eye!! 2 legends makin some magic together.