• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Vintage dealers in London UK - where to go ?

neuroy

There are some vintage LP´s offered in London.
Can you recommend honest dealers in London, please ?

I don´t want to fall into the hands of the many times as suspectful mentioned "father and son".

Thank you very much.

There aren't many vintage dealers left in London. Rick at New Kings Road Vintage Guitar Emporium is probably the only one who has any decent level of vintage stock, the other London dealers sell a bit of vintage along with new/used. There are still a couple on Denmark Street, NoTom who have some amount of vintage, Wunjo and Sixty Sixty Sounds have the odd vintage pieces now and then. Best avoid Music Ground (based at Andy's old shop) for aforementioned reasons.

Outside London ATB, Gary Winterflood (Guitar Avenue), Richard Henry and David Pym are all worth checking out.

fakejake

+1 for ATB Guitars
Also, there are Guncotton Guitars in London, but no 50'ies Les Pauls at the moment there...

neuroy

What about London "Vintage Guitars of Denmark Street London " ?
Who runs this ?

springhead

What about London "Vintage Guitars of Denmark Street London " ?
Who runs this ?

If you google that you get Hanks at 27 Denmark St. If you google Music Ground, you get registered at 27 Denmark St.....

neuroy

If you google that you get Hanks at 27 Denmark St. If you google Music Ground, you get registered at 27 Denmark St.....

Sorry, I don´t understand this.
There's a shop listing on Reverb named "Vintage guitars of Denmark street London "

Is it legit ?

Frutiger

Sorry, I don´t understand this.
There's a shop listing on Reverb named "Vintage guitars of Denmark street London "

Is it legit ?

Hanks / Vintage guitars of Denmark street London / Music Ground are all one and the same. Owned by the Harrisons.

fretboarder

Gary winterflood and Richard henry would be the two id buy from.. that pym guy prices his stuff stupidly!! IMO..

S. Weiger

Whereever you go, also steer clear of Elite vintage guitars.
I can recommend ATB, bought 4 vintage pieces from them and no hazzles. Very nice owner :salude

Frutiger

Gary winterflood and Richard henry would be the two id buy from.. that pym guy prices his stuff stupidly!! IMO..

A lot of David Pym's stuff is very, very clean. But I agree, you'll pay ALL the money for them.

ATB is well worth the visit, I was there last week and Mike has a 1957 dark back GT (P90s) that sounds like a jet plane taking off. Incredible sounding guitar. There was also an 1960 LP Custom that was cool (rebound fretboard though). Plus a load of cool, vintage ES guitars and tons of Fenders of various years (including the 1958 Sparkle Surf Burst Jazzmaster).

Mike's a great host, very generous with his time and knowledge and completely without the attitude you'll get at many of the Denmark Street shops.

Reno_1ted

Plus one for ATB - excellent shop, excellent seller, excellent gear ! One of the good guys.

Rich Henry also one of the really good guys and very experienced in vintage.

Also check out 'player grade vintage' on instagram - I have bought from him several times and few people have his level of skill and knowledge IMO.

Don't focus just on London - would be my advice. :)

crashbelt

+1 to avoiding Denmark Street these days - Harrisons still active under various guises and little else of interest.

Guncotton, Kings Road and Guitar Avenue seem low on quality stock just now.

Pym has plenty but expensive.

ATB has a lot of very good stock. I recently did a trade I'm very happy with.