• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New LP Custom home, this time a 73

Progrocker111

After some other Les Pauls, this one will stay - all original, loud and big sounding guitar (even unplugged), with nice clear mids, big tone and singing sustain - great hardrock machine with fat and juicy sounding riffs. Has airy mids, growling bass and overall more lower mids and bass and more 3D like tone than 77 winered Custom. 77 Custom is brighter, more direct and crispy and a bit thinner sounding in comparison to this one. Still love these early 70s Norlins. :dude:

Its a bit clownbursty, but the tone is one of the best ones from this era i had

metropolis

Very cool, so easily identifiable to the period. All I can say is (and I hope you get the reference)... shut up and play your guitar :peace2

stephan_l

Learning every day. ´73 have the posts direct in the wood :hmm When they changed this?

Strings Jr.

Another great guitar Prog!! IMO, the early 70's Customs play better than any other Customs.

I too am learning every day. Can you tell me about this fingerboard binding joint? It's more of a "mitered" joint as opposed to the "squared-off" edges. This is on a '74 Custom. Do you know if this style is specific to certain years?

Progrocker111

Another great guitar Prog!! IMO, the early 70's Customs play better than any other Customs.

I too am learning every day. Can you tell me about this fingerboard binding joint? It's more of a "mitered" joint as opposed to the "squared-off" edges. This is on a '74 Custom. Do you know if this style is specific to certain years?

Interesting and rare, but nearly everything was possible during these years. :)

Other notice: the frets seem to be original on your guitar - your Custom must be a 75 one, with the later wider frets. 74s had all small low "fretless wonder" type of frets.