• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2010 R8 Serial Number Mystery

SledFoot58

Hi all, this is my first post on the forum. I’ve read many posts over the years on the forum but just recently joined. Glad to be a part of the group finally! Anyways, I recently purchased a 2010 R8 and I’m having a very difficult time deciphering what exactly it is. Unlike any other R8’s I’ve been able to find, this one has a serial number starting with a “V”. I reached out to Gibson but they have yet to respond and the anticipation is killing me. From what little information I can find, it appears the guitar is from a limited run of Les Pauls Guitar Center did with Gibson to match guitars found in the Beauty Of The Burst book. Can anyone confirm or deny this? The serial number is V8 059.

DANELECTRO

Ive never seen such a thing. The was a special run of guitars that either had tops hand-picked by Vic Dapra, or else they were were intended to match some of his bursts (I don’t recall what the deal was). Does anyone know if they had “V” serial numbers?

SledFoot58

Ive never seen such a thing. The was a special run of guitars that either had tops hand-picked by Vic Dapra, or else they were were intended to match some of his bursts (I don’t recall what the deal was). Does anyone know if they had “V” serial numbers?

I will post some pictures of the guitar this afternoon. I still have gotten no response back from Gibson.