• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Creamtone wiring harness with real bumblebees caps

luizhmax

Has anyone here installed this $399 harness? What's your opinion? Luxurious touch or really a worthy upgrade for a historic guitar?

OhReally

Has anyone here installed this $399 harness? What's your opinion? Luxurious touch or really a worthy upgrade for a historic guitar?

Thanks for asking the question, I've been super curious and would like to know too. Was looking at these for my 2001 R8. I will say that CreamTone is awesome to work with; a couple weeks ago I got a replacement toggle switch cap in Vintage Amber (for $25 door-to-door...), but it feels and looks perfect.

El Gringo

Thanks for asking the question, I've been super curious and would like to know too. Was looking at these for my 2001 R8. I will say that CreamTone is awesome to work with; a couple weeks ago I got a replacement toggle switch cap in Vintage Amber (for $25 door-to-door...), but it feels and looks perfect.
+1 , as i found them very pleasant and polite and extremely helpful along with great products .

luizhmax

This guy in this video talks about it but it's not clear what version he has. There are 2 options at the Creamtone store but apparently they both look the same. Just don't understand the pricing. They are 100 dollars apart...

https://youtu.be/792HeUyWtyc?t=632

duaneflowers

I don't like the pots and the caps are hit or miss...overpriced IMHO :salude

somebodyelseuk

Opinions?
A fool and his money are easily parted.
I'm assuming this is four pots, two caps, switch, jack and wiring? Pickups not included?

garywright

There are 2 options at the Creamtone store but apparently they both look the same. Just don't understand the pricing. They are 100 dollars apart

From the $399.00 description “ These are real, authentic vintage Sprague BumbleBee capacitors from the late '50s, not reissues. “ ....communication with Creamtone has really gone downhill ...my advice would be to get a quad of VIP pots along with a pair of Lux bumblebees for less than $100 combined

somebodyelseuk

From the $399.00 description “ These are real, authentic vintage Sprague BumbleBee capacitors from the late '50s, not reissues. “ ....communication with Creamtone has really gone downhill ...my advice would be to get a quad of VIP pots along with a pair of Lux bumblebees for less than $100 combined
My thoughts exactly.

JLee

I’ve had 2 sets of the drifted Bee harnesses. Swapped out the pots to VIP. Not a fan of the Creamtone taper.

VIP is now selling sets of pots with an add on option of Sprague Vitamin Q caps. Just bought a set...just can’t remember the price...

Señor Verde

If I paid $300+ for a wiring harness, I'd expect the seller to be easy to pleasant, polite and extremely helpful, at minimum.