• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Bought it..Es-335 Premier Limited Run 58 Burst

I bought it 3 weeks ago..it was on my other thread...Bought it brand new old stock for U.S 4300.it was kind of neglected..The set up was not proper so I got it home...took out all the strings...clean and oil the fret board...clean..deburr the nut and daddles with string sand paper...clean..polish..then satin wax the body...put new strings Pure Blues 11s...nut sauces the nut slots and saddles...the set up was out of whack..straighten the neck wirh stewmac notched ruler...the strings will pull the neck..and I was right..it was a bit much so I tighten the truss rod..check action...check pick up heights...check intonation...I let it settle of 2 to 2 days...check relief..too much..straighten again..did this about 3 x times for about a week...Let it sit...then after about 2 weeks it kind of settled...I must say there is a lot of tweaking...so for the last two weeks...everything has settled..I love the thick neck...tone wise ..I can coax it through my amp head...I use specular tempus and that is it..amps Marshall JoeSat and Mesa Fillmore 50 head and 2 x 12 Filmore Cab...How I can I describe the sound when driven..gritty but with clarity and attack is very precise..do not expext sustain like my R9...I must say that I love it..Iove the wider body so that I can rest my arm on it..this is my first es...if it was not for the 58 spec I would get one...

I did a lot of pick up adjustment to get less treblely highs...I think I am settled..I do have a set of nylon saddles..maybe will try for the b and e strings..the G string is fine...

I tried using Fender Fat Finger..no difference..probably prefer with it...

For clean sound..there is no comparison..for jazz apreggios this thing rule...Just love it...especially the Mickey Mouse double cut...

By the way...How can I post photos?

goldtop0

Congrats on your 335:2cool
I use Imgur for my pics as do a lot of others here.........it's really easy to use once you get it set up.

Ok..got it..Imgur..here are some photos

IbWT62y

GotTheSilver

Congrats on your first ES! They are great guitars. You will get hooked! :spabout

FYI, I can't see the pics.

TM1

Yeah, be nice to see some photos! Less Treble..? Try better Strings! Get some Pyramid's or Thomastiks!