• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD 2019 50's

wjlim22

Received a used 2019 50's yesterday. Neck is fatter than the 2008 Traditional which is supposedly a 50s neck also. This one has more black than others I've seen. Plays beautifully. It's been a search for a few months for a good used one of these. Now looking for a 1977 deluxe for my birth year guitar.

20200923_212943.jpg

Midnight Blues

Very nice! Congrats, HNGD
jam.gif
and play her in good health!

PHILBERT

Nice darkburst!

I see nicer color on a lot of USA production guitars. Nicer than a lot of Custom Shop colors. I'm not into all that faded out stuff.

I say, "Give me color, or you can keep that Les Paul guitar!"

Phil

222tweed

Wondering if you’re still happy w this guitar? I am very interested in the same model ( I have a special in the same 50s original series. ) Does it stay in tune ? Is there anything you’ve changed or would like to change about it? Thanks so much

Last edited:

wjlim22

Wondering if you’re still happy w this guitar? I am very interested in the same model ( I have a special in the same 59s original series. ) Does it stay in tune ? Is there anything you’ve changed or would like to change about it? Thanks so much

The 2019 and 2020 Standards are amazing. I'm very happy with mine. I tried tons of guitars and this one was the one I liked best. It stays in tune forever. Have you tried one?

222tweed

The 2019 and 2020 Standards are amazing. I'm very happy with mine. I tried tons of guitars and this one was the one I liked best. It stays in tune forever. Have you tried one?

I own the special 50s neck. Very nice guitar ...stays in tune ...yeah ... bigger necks are better. Wish it was even bigger like my VOS Les Pauls

222tweed

Also tried a standard 50s... this particular guitar was too light for me so not so interesting. I prefer medium weight...around 9 lbs... that’s just me.