• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gary Moore BBM gear rig on the cream tones

D Strange

Anyone have any idea what he used on the 'BBM' album?

Some of the song like 'Can't fool the blues' sounds like his normal blues setup but more interested on what he used for songs like 'waiting in the wings' and 'city of gold', even wah has a great old school tone.

Plexi, jtm45 or 1962 with an old Clyde maybe? Would love to know.

TM1

Great album! I just listened to it last week for the first time in years.. I'd like to know what he used..
Sad to think that all three of these guys are gone. I bought the CD when it came out in the mid-90's!

Reactions: K_L

Glauco

Anyone have any idea what he used on the 'BBM' album?

Some of the song like 'Can't fool the blues' sounds like his normal blues setup but more interested on what he used for songs like 'waiting in the wings' and 'city of gold', even wah has a great old school tone.

Plexi, jtm45 or 1962 with an old Clyde maybe? Would love to know.
Disclaimer: Gary is my favorite guitarist of all time, one of my heroes with BB, SRV, EVH and Tommy Emmanuel.
As we know, he did play quite everything during his career, and even if it's ALWAYS recognizable as "himself" he had different tones during his career.

well... some years ago I started this topic (unfortunately images are not visible anymore)

Montreux 1995 tone is INSANE imho, he already is in his "back to the blues" period, but he already left his super gain soldano setup, was in the "Blues for Greeny" period and his concerts are a little slower and with a classic late '60s/70s tone (in comparison with Montreux '90) for example.

for example
"if you be my baby"
check at the bending at 1:13, chords at 1:36 1:42 and 1:52 2:00 2:09, the bending at 2:14 and the chord at 3:15 (the definition of raw power!!!) INSANE! TONE OUT OF THIS WORLD! (and you can see how Greeny sounds special in the hands of a Master, Stripe is obviously great too, but Greeny is amazing)
watch

Key to love
watch

a masterclass of Rock Blues Guitar in "The Sky is Crying"
watch

This is the tone to die for, speaking of rock blues.

BUT
this morning I was listening this
watch
and this is MESMERIZING too

TONE, TONE, TONE!!!

for the BBM tour he used for some gigs the 200 watt head, then 1959 slp