• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Channel switching via midi controller?

Dreadnaught

Trying to reduce the tap dance. Looking at a multi effects processor via fx in with midi foot controller. Is it possible to control the amp channels somehow via the same midi controller? Looking at a three channel amp, clean crunch Massive OD. What could I use that would send that signal to the amp channel foot switch.
The amp only has one input, and only one channel foot switch input. It seems the Voodoo lab requires plugging into separate channels individually. What about the Engl z11? Can it change channels using a single input?
Thanks

Last edited:

somebodyelseuk

Trying to reduce the tap dance. Looking at a multi effects processor via fx in with midi foot controller. Is it possible to control the amp channels somehow via the same midi controller? Looking at a three channel amp, clean crunch Massive OD. What could I use that would send that signal to the amp channel foot switch.
The amp only has one input, and only one channel foot switch input. It seems the Voodoo lab requires plugging into separate channels individually. What about the Engl z11? Can it change channels using a single input?
Thanks
If the amp doesn't have a MIDI input, you'll need some extra hardware.
I've been using a rack setup since the 90s for the same reason...
My pre-amp is MIDI switchable... I'm fairly sure most MIDI switching units, whether rack mounted or floor units, include channel switching functions, these days.
Voodoo Labs website is a good place to start.
Alternatively, if you haven't committed to your effects, yet, I think the Line 6 Helix units have channel switching capability.
The Engl Z11 looks like it might do the job. Find a store sellling them and call them.