• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

going back to original tuners after grovers were on

frenchphil

hi everyone i put grovers tulip 102 series on my les paul as a replacement for the stock kluson.

now i want to go back and i cant get in touch with the luthier who did the mod back then

can you tell me what i need to do? have the holes been drilled larger to fit the grover or is it just a straight replacement?

and if the holes are to big for reverting do you know any brand who does a vintage kluson style tuner to fit larger holes for grovers

thanks a lot

Señor Verde

If whoever put the Grovers on didn't drill or ream the holes too big, you can get conversion bushings through several places. Stewmac, Philadelphia Luthier Supply are a couple that come to mind.

Some folks drill or ream out only the backside of the headstock and the original bushings might still work.

frenchphil

If whoever put the Grovers on didn't drill or ream the holes too big, you can get conversion bushings through several places. Stewmac, Philadelphia Luthier Supply are a couple that come to mind.

Some folks drill or ream out only the backside of the headstock and the original bushings might still work.

thank you sir! looks like i will need at least conversion bushings