• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2013 Gibson Harrison-Clapton 1957 Les Paul Standard “Lucy”

marcus93

Hey forum
I have gotten the chance to buy the 2013 Gibson Harrison-Clapton 1957 Les paul Standard "Lucy" for a little over 19k. I dont know if this is a good deal or not. It's cuite a rare guitar (only a 100 is made) and sounds amazing.
I have already got a skinnerburst which is amazing and i have no intention of selling it anytime soon. Since "Lucy" is such a rare guitar i wondered if it would hold its value, eventough it will be played a couple hours a week.
Is there anybody out there who could help me with the desicion?

Greetings Marcus

[h=1][/h]

El Gringo

Hey forum
I have gotten the chance to buy the 2013 Gibson Harrison-Clapton 1957 Les paul Standard "Lucy" for a little over 19k. I dont know if this is a good deal or not. It's cuite a rare guitar (only a 100 is made) and sounds amazing.
I have already got a skinnerburst which is amazing and i have no intention of selling it anytime soon. Since "Lucy" is such a rare guitar i wondered if it would hold its value, eventough it will be played a couple hours a week.
Is there anybody out there who could help me with the desicion?

Greetings Marcus

Greetings , that's quite a hefty price tag . To me that has to be a very strong feeling/desire for the instrument at that price . It's hard to predict the market down the road . Now you have me curious and I will check the usual places like Reverb to see what is what .

akstrat61

Cool guitars, but IMHO, you could buy some old wood with that money.:hmm

GotTheSilver

I see absolutely no reason why someone would pay that kind of money for a modern Les Paul. So they only made 100 of them? So what? It's a Custom Shop historic just like the thousands they produce every year, just with a different paint job. Nothing really special about the unlimited number of limited editions they produce. With that money, I'd rather buy 3-4 regular R9s or probably a vintage ES-335/345/355!

But then, I am a player, not a collector.

AA00475Bassman

I wouldn't bank on any RI or wonder if it's going to hold the price I payed .

IMO these Lucy guitars are over priced .

MikeSlub

Administrator
Very cool guitars. Love mine. :hank

2013%20Gibson%20Les%20Paul%20Historic%20Harrison%20Clapton%20Lucy.jpg