• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Collection: Joe Bonamassa Nerdville East

El Gringo

I just started watching this morning and everybody has to love Joe and his love for our favorite guitars . A really fun Gent !

zhivago

Looking forward to watching this over the weekend. :salude

marshall1987

Unlike some collectors, Joe has a penchant for collecting vintage guitars with the original owner's name or initials placarded on the body, or inlaid into the fingerboard.

The 1960 Les Paul Std. w the large white "Johnny B." placard is priceless! :dude:

DutchRay

Thank you Gibson, Mark and Joe for showing these wonderful guitars :dude:

Bob Womack

I love how Mark geeks out and loves the Fenders as much as Joe.

Bob

J.D.

Joe B is a gem.

I wonder who came up with the name "Lazarus"? :ganz

The Gibson guy, however, comes across as neither a good interviewer nor knowledgeable on guitars.

Dragonkoi

Mark Agnesi was an employee at Norms. He started the 'guitar of the day' series on their channel. His whole style is laid back and that's why Gibson picked him up as he has a fresh, non corporate image. He is very knowledgeable on gear, especially vintage Gibsons. This is a great series on the Gibson channel, as they allow Mark to talk about classic gear by other brands so it doesn't come accross as pushy and corporate. I really like these videos. Bonamassa's gear is just....insane.

asapmaz

I don’t understand all the Mark Agnesi hate.
This was one of his best interviews.
Most of us would still be picking up our jaws from the floor being surrounded by gear of that caliber. He did a nice job of letting JB talk, asked good questions, and only put in his two cents when needed. He has had a tendency to take over interviews in the past but I think he did a nice job with this one. And, the guy knows his vintage gear, not sure why some think otherwise.

goldtop0

I can see Gibson are shooting for the stars now literally and getting a good formula marketing wise for the future.........you gotta acknowledge and know your history before you can move forward.
These latest vids from Agnesi and the Gibson aficionados are excellent.........keep doing the good stuff you guys:applaude

marshall1987

I don’t understand all the Mark Agnesi hate.
This was one of his best interviews.
Most of us would still be picking up our jaws from the floor being surrounded by gear of that caliber. He did a nice job of letting JB talk, asked good questions, and only put in his two cents when needed. He has had a tendency to take over interviews in the past but I think he did a nice job with this one. And, the guy knows his vintage gear, not sure why some think otherwise.

I agree 100%....and clearly Mark has been "schooled" and retrained by knowledgable media people at Gibson. With this new Collection video it's obvious Gibson has provided coaching on appropriate interviewing techniques....YouTube comments posted regarding Mark's first three "Collection" interviews almost unanimously felt he did a poor job. Although he probably didn't realize it at the time, Mark had a tendency to interrupt, distract, cut off, and dominate his interview subjects; i.e., the collectors.

Gibson took note.....and I would add they didn't hire Mark on a whim.

They hired him because he brought to the table: (1) an extensive background selling, buying, trading a wide range of vintage Gibson & Fender guitars; and (2) he's established hundreds of noteworthy relationships/contacts within the music & entertainment business, including many acclaimed artists and performers; (3) Mark, and Norm's Rare Guitars, have tens of thousands of followers on Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and FaceBook.

Gibson must have believed Marks' retail background and his long-established presence on major social media, especially w/ producing vintage "guitar-of-the-day" videos, would make him an ideal candidate for the newly created position of Director of Brand Experience. At the end of the day if Mark's presence on social media enables Gibson to reach and capture a broader audience... then Gibson will have made the right choice.

renderit

Very enjoyable and what a collection.

I would like tips on getting the Missus to let me get other houses to keep my guitars in?

El Gringo

I would also like to add that I am a fan of Mark's from way back at Norms . Mark has known Joe B from his days at Norms , so I would have to say that it was a very easy and comfortable interview with Joe . Mark has a nice style which is pretty laid back and he is very knowledgeable about our favorite instruments . Good Job Mark !