• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Please recommend a dealer to hand-pick my next R9

PeteNJ75

Good Morning , You crack me up as I am always right on the edge and ready to blow at a whisper about him . I love it "the rat" and so appropriate ! I have to wonder how he reads in between the lines here and how aware of our awareness of him that he is . At the same time those personality types think it's all about them and not the other way around as most Honest people are right ? It's all about raising awareness so folks like us can make informed decisions and choices .
OK, now I gotta know... who is the Rat? Lol

GotTheSilver

Do these shops have much flexibility on price? I see MAP everywhere.

You need to call and talk to them. An authorized Gibson dealer cannot show a price below MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) on the internet. They can, however, quote you a lower price when you speak with them one on one. The resellers who sell "As New" guitars and are not authorized Gibson dealers are not subject to the same restrictions and typically advertise prices lower than MAP.

GotTheSilver

Do these shops have much flexibility on price? I see MAP everywhere.

Also, I see you are new to the forum, so first of all - Welcome! Second, I wanted to make sure you were aware that it is against forum rules to post on this forum the specific price a specific dealer offered you or sold you a guitar for. In other words, I cannot post in a thread that XYZ dealer sold me an R9 for $XXX. People may share this info in a private message, however.

Mark 63

Also, I see you are new to the forum, so first of all - Welcome! Second, I wanted to make sure you were aware that it is against forum rules to post on this forum the specific price a specific dealer offered you or sold you a guitar for. In other words, I cannot post in a thread that XYZ dealer sold me an R9 for $XXX. People may share this info in a private message, however.

Thank you. I appreciate the clarification.
I posted once a few years ago. Am thinking about a 59 Reissue later this season, so will do some reading here as I recuperate from shoulder surgery scheduled for next week.